HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in 
Quick Links
Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] ANaHW8D Forum Rules

Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] ANaHW8D Avatar/Signature Rules

Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] ANaHW8D Ranking System

Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] ANaHW8D Recent Topics

Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] ANaHW8D Watched Topics
Latest topics
» New game coming out!
Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] Emptyby alvaro84 Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 pm

» Check In and Forum Activity Brainstorm
Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] Emptyby SockPuppet Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:26 am

» Members' fanwork
Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] Emptyby SockPuppet Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:53 am

» Happy Birthday to a member
Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] Emptyby SockPuppet Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:30 am

» Cycle of Random Thoughts!
Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] Emptyby SockPuppet Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:41 am

» Is anyone here?
Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] Emptyby SockPuppet Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:02 pm

» MadokaXNogizaka46 collaboration & other interesting stuff
Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] Emptyby SockPuppet Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:52 pm

» "Ultimate collection"
Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] Emptyby SockPuppet Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:05 am

Cbox

Poll
MGS: Madoka VS Mami
Madoka
Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] NEBDt9f33%Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] NEBDt9f
 33% [ 2 ]
Mami
Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] NEBDt9f67%Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] NEBDt9f
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mami Tomoe
Founder

Mami Tomoe

Founder
Title : The Yellow One

PostSubject: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:25 am

Hello everyone!

I haven't been around much lately and I thought I'd make a little thread to try and let ya'll know that both Kyoko and I are still interested in running this site! I know much hasn't been done for awhile now, but I promise I will be working on it more and more these next coming days. I am currently a activites admin on a Sailor Moon site and we are getting ready for an event that is kind of taking up a lot of my time. I'm also a graphics admin for a Steven Universe site. I'm thinking of stepping down from one of these jobs so that I can dedicate more of my time and focus on this forum, which is my baby!

Enough about all that xD Here's a list of changes I'm hoping to work on and get done within the next week or two! (I'm going to crossout the stuff I've done xD)

Yellow Star New Forum Banner

Yellow Star Member Raisings if any are needed

Yellow Star Possibly a new layout for fall? (I haven't decided yet as I really like our color scheme xD)

Yellow Star New emoticons

Yellow Star More ads for the site, featuring some for specific sections as well as generalized!

Yellow Star Getting Ideas from you guys!

I can start with the last bullet point first! If you have any suggestions for the site then I'd love to hear from you! Whether it's about ads, places to advertise, different boards and threads you would like to see, ideas you think would be awesome for the site, etc etc! I want to hear from you guys so I can shape this forum into something you guys also love! So let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for the forum and I'll see what we can do!

<3
Mami

Last edited by Mami Tomoe on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:58 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:29 am

As far as new emoticons go, it would be nice if you guys made some more PMMM emoticons, like ones of the different characters smiling, frowning, etc  Sayaka Kyoko Madoka Homura Mami

Also, maybe it would be cool if we had different events from time to time :o though I'm not really sure what said events might entail....

Btw it's all right if you can't be on here all the time, we totally understand if you get really busy with other things sometimes Heart Pulse
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

alvaro84

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Mami Tomoe wrote:
Yellow Star More ads for the site, featuring some for specific sections as well as generalized!

Please keep an eye on these! I haven't visited the board from my tablet for a while but I remember having an extra annoying ad that made me close the whole tab before I could re-type the address and finally be able to see what's here. It wanted to install something on my tablet and was definitely a scam. So if there's any way to control it, please keep criminals and any other annoying (moving in the corner of my eye, feeding on precious battery power - magical girls have to die for it!) ads out of here.

On the emoticons: Yes, please have ones with actual expressions. The way things are now I can't really imagine real uses of the ones we have now. But there are great moments and emoticon candidates in the series. Like Homura holding the gun against her temple. Mami striking a pose, holding a cup of tea over a dead witch. Sayaka's famous "I've been such a fool" moment. Kyouko's "You're so dead" expressions. And so on. They really help to express things, even though a bit dramatically :D
Back to top Go down
http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
Mami Tomoe
Founder

Mami Tomoe

Founder

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:47 am

alvaro84 wrote:
Please keep an eye on these! I haven't visited the board from my tablet for a while but I remember having an extra annoying ad that made me close the whole tab before I could re-type the address and finally be able to see what's here. It wanted to install something on my tablet and was definitely a scam. So if there's any way to control it, please keep criminals and any other annoying (moving in the corner of my eye, feeding on precious battery power - magical girls have to die for it!) ads out of here.

I don't control what ads are displayed here unfortunately. I will be looking into paying to remove them if the forum gets big enough. The ads I'm talking about are ones I make to advertise on tumblr and such to attract people to our forum, such as this:

Update Changes  [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!] EeloAn1
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

alvaro84

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:49 am

Ah, ok. Pretty picture btw :)
Back to top Go down
http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure where else you could advertise, as there aren't that many sites that are easy to advertise on where PMMM fans gather, and I'm pretty sure you already advertised on tumblr and deviantart. A fanfiction site like fanfiction.net or ao3 might be good to advertise on, if there was a good way to do so (I can think of a few ways to advertise on those sites, but they're all either annoying, against the sites' rules, or both). I would suggest advertising on twitter, but I haven't seen many PMMM fans on there at all, and most of the ones I do find don't speak English.

You could try advertising on one or both of the other forums you're an admin on, if you get permission from the other admins to do so.
Back to top Go down
Mami Tomoe
Founder

Mami Tomoe

Founder

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Thank you for the input Sayaka! I will look into it ^^

Also, I have changed the name of this thread to Update Changes, so that I can let you guys know about all the new changes going on around the forum without having to make a new thread each time! You'll notice that the header has been changed to fit a more fall type theme ^^ The lovely image of Kyoko was done by daul on DeviantArt who was nice enough to allow us to use their image! I will also be updating some new smilies for us to use featuring soul gems tomorrow which was done by another Deviantart user that I will list tomorrow when I make the change ^^ Yay for things coming together!
Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Yay! I really like the new header, btw Big Smile
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:48 am

It's pretty~

Anyway, I can do computer graphic, so I humbly offer my help if needed.
Back to top Go down
http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
Mami Tomoe
Founder

Mami Tomoe

Founder

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:01 am

Thank you both for the compliment about the banner! I'm hoping to set up another site just for messing with the colors. Some of you who were on early (EST anyway) yesterday probably saw my attempt at changing the layout to fit the banner xD But hopefully with a separate place to do that I can work on it without having to make you guys put up with the changes xD

Thank you so much for the offer Sock! I might just take you up on it =P

And now for our new update change! New smilies!!!! I'm really excited about these ^^

First up, we have some beautiful animated soul gems that were created by StarScarredVixen on DeviantArt, who is awesome and allowed us to use these on our site =D I'm super excited ^^

Madoka's Soul Gem Sayaka's Soul Gem Homura's Soul Gem Mami's Soul Gem Kyoko's Soul Gem

Then  we have some new circle type smilies. I need to still organize them so they look better on the drop down menu, so please forgive the chaos xD But here they are! This first set I thought would be a cute thing to have for when Kyoko and I ask for feedback from you guys, you could just throw up a 'good idea' or 'bad idea' sign if you don't want to go into detail or anything xD Or use the welcome sign for new members, etc etc ^^

Bad Idea Sign Fantastic Sign Good Idea Sign Help Sign Feedback Please Sign Welcome Sign

Then we just have some random new circle smilies that I thought were cute ^^
Cheers   Juggle   Happy Birthday  Hearts 

Next up, we have some objects! Featuring birthday related things and a lonesome coffee cup that was too cute xD

Birthday Cake  Balloons  Coffee Cup

And last but not least we have some random misc. smilies! These ones are mostly related to Halloween since it's coming up as well as a cute Pokeman one xD

Ghost  Witch Witch 2  Pokeball

And that's it for now! I hope you guys like these, you should let me know your thoughts below! Hopefully more updates to come soon =D
Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:30 pm

I like the new emoticons Fantastic Sign
Back to top Go down
Mami Tomoe
Founder

Mami Tomoe

Founder

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:49 am

As I'm sure you guys have noticed, the layout has been changed! I worked on it all weekend and was finally happy enough with it to show it to you guys ^^ I hope you guys like it too! I kept the background black so it wasn't too harsh or different since our old layout had black as well, plus black and red colors look nice =D I hope you guys like it ^^ <3
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:56 am

It's pretty!

But I've noticed that it's hard to tell apart new post sign from no new post sign if one doesn't look closely...Or maybe it's just me.
Back to top Go down
Mami Tomoe
Founder

Mami Tomoe

Founder

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:23 am

Yay! I'm glad you like it! And you were right, it was really hard to tell the difference between the two unless you were looking super close. I have changed the new posts icon to be a much brighter red and hopefully that solved the issue! <3
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:36 am

Yeah! It's perfect now~
Back to top Go down
Kyoko Sakura
Founder

Kyoko Sakura

Founder
Title : Bringer of Snacks

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:55 am

Mami, you are magical xD Looks great <3 I am in no way biased in the red take over, of course Kyoko

Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:19 pm

Ooh, the new layout looks great! Fantastic Sign
Back to top Go down
McKnight
Grief Seed

McKnight

Grief Seed
Title : Wind Pier

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:19 am

The mark for not-so-popular threads used to be blue.  That for highly popular ones still are while the former is now red.  Might you consider changing that as well, just so they fit better?
Back to top Go down
Mami Tomoe
Founder

Mami Tomoe

Founder

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:00 am

I'm so glad you guys are liking the new layout! Took me a really long time to get everything to actually look decent and flow well together, so it means a lot to me that the time and effort put into it paid off <3

@McKnight: The popular thread icons that are blue with little bits of whites and such will be changed the match the red icons. Kyoko made the popular icons and I'm not sure how she did it, so I've asked her to make new ones that are red to match the new theme, but she hasn't gotten to it yet ^^ But yes they will be changed from blue to red!
Back to top Go down
McKnight
Grief Seed

McKnight

Grief Seed
Title : Wind Pier

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:28 am

Alright, makes sense, and glad you acknowledged that.
Back to top Go down
redlerred7
Grief Seed

redlerred7

Grief Seed
Title : Just another torch in the night

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:10 am

Pardon me if I'm being rude with this request.

Perhaps give us an option to switch to a more minimalist forum theme? As much as I like the warm colors this theme has, it just feels cluttered. Like everything is too big and takes up too much space.

It's mostly just the top banner and the buttons. In my desktop it's an okay size but on my laptop with a small screen it takes up almost all of it.
Back to top Go down
http://redlerred7.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]   

Back to top Go down

Update Changes [Autumn has Invaded Witch's Labyrinth!]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1