View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Favourite witch from the show   Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:12 am

One of my favourite points of Madoka Magica is existence of witches. Despite sad backstory behind them, I think they are cool with their trippy design by Gekidan Inu Curry and eerie aura surrounding them. I wonder if you have any favourite witch~I start~

My favourite witch is Oktavia von Seckendorff, she is super cool and creepy at once with her armor, especially helmet (is this helmet? Or just her head?) I've also noticed that she has no armor on her neck and her neck is green with some texture, it makes me wonder how her body would look like without the armor. Is it even possible for her to take the armor off? And she resembles Warsaw's coat of arms https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Warsaw

My favourite familiars are Anthony and Adalbert, the witch Gertrud's familiars that are super cute and also Bartels, these clay dolls Sayaka is fighting in episode 7 or 8 if I recall correctly, they are the witch Uhrmann's (not present in the show, unfortunately, I like her design) familiars. I dislike Daniyyel and Jennifer, the witch Elly/Kirsten's familiars. Their faces make me feel uneasy.

And Gertrud's Grief Seed is the prettiest~
Back to top Go down
http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:20 pm

My favorite witch is also Oktavia von Seckendorff (for obvious reasons) Sayaka
Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

zenkai97

Grief Seed
Title : Da SwagMaster

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:24 pm

For me, it would have to be Walpurgisnacht because it would influence the military to finally build giant mechs. It would be like Pacific Rim!
Back to top Go down
The Witch's House
Grief Seed

The Witch's House

Grief Seed
Title : The Witch Maker

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:05 pm

My favorite is Gertrud. Idk why, but she looks so creepy and I love it.
Back to top Go down
https://felis-licht.deviantart.com/
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

HomuHomu

Grief Seed
Title : Homura Akemi's #1 fan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:22 pm

My favorites are:
-Homulily (cause she's Homura's witch, she seems to retain some conciousness of her former self, and her appearance is simliar to a traditional witch with the pointy hat and everything, just in a more abstract version.)

-Ocktavia because she has a really awesome and outlandish design with that heart/ helmet mixture head and mermaid tail. Too bad, unlike Homulily,  Sayaka's witch didn't seem to retain any memory of her former self.

-Gretchen Krimhilde cause she's Madoka's  witch form and apparently she has the power to destroy the entire world which is both interesting and scary. Not sure on her level of consciousness though.

That I'm aware of Kyoko and Mami never became witches in the canon series so I don't know what their witch forms would be like.

I also liked Charlotte because she was both creepy and cute at the same time and plus latter she became Bebe/ Nagisa in Rebellion.

As for witches that we don't know their human forms of, I liked Walpurisnatch because its interesting how powerful it is and it makes me wonder why none of the magical girls can ever seem to defeat it (atleast not by working alone and not without using up all or most of their power).

Also, I don't know of the name of it but I thought that computer witch that Sayaka saves Madoka from right after Sayaka becomes a magical girl was interesting.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:00 am

Quote :
that computer witch that Sayaka saves Madoka from
She is named H.N. Elly (H.N. stands for "handle name") or Kirsten~

Quote :
simliar to a traditional witch
I can never understand why do people like 'traditional witch' aethetics. I mean, I've met a certain number of real girls on internet who enjoyed imagining themselves as witches, leave alone people practicing 'real' witchcraft. I cannot understand what is the enjoyable point of the idea of 'witch' o.O Witches are bad and unholy and impure and, unlike witches in Madoka Magica, 'traditional witches' usually choose to be so. 

Don't misunderstand me~I'm not going to bash anyone for liking the concept of 'traditional' witch, I'm only curious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've came into the info that Walpurgisnacht is in fact a fusion of several witches, not a single witch.
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

alvaro84

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:11 am

I guess traditional witches are not necessarily bad. They're just practicing some kind of magic they call 'witchcraft'. I may be 'too liberal' though Big Smile To me even satanists aren't necessarily evil, they may be only individualistic and have a healthy amount of selfishness (which is needed to survive as an individual as in opposed to survive as a species).

Even Lucifer can be seen as a victim of a pompous God who accidentally created free will and swept the traces under the carpet. Then He (yes, Christians refer this being with a masculine pronoun though I don't think it means anything except that they originate from a patriarchal society) repeated the mistake (though, unlike angels, humans were supposed to have free will to begin with) and banished the new mistakes from Paradise.

Okay. Maybe I was heretic enough for today Cheeky Angel

On the main question: my favourite is Homulilly. The reason is that she's the one we see in the greatest detail, the process of her birth and mental image. Also she's a good girl (it's a running joke in my works MGC/GOSE) even as a witch, she really doesn't want to hurt anyone, she just tries to create a dream where her friends can be happy. Of course she imprisons them in the process but it's within the margin of error Smile

And it's really tragic to see Homura, the only girl who could stay alive and 'sane' through the madness of a hellish time loop to finally give in to despair too.
Back to top Go down
http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

HomuHomu

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:45 am

When I was referring to traditional witch, I meant fictional traditional witches, not real-life practicers of witchcraft, who I admitted know very little about.

I was referring to this when I said traditional witch:
Favourite witch from the show Latest?cb=20130618004403

I.e. Green skin, pointy hat, black clothes, etc. All that's missing is the warts and misshapen nose. XD
You know, the kind that people dress up as on Halloween and are portrayed in some movies.

In comparison here is Homulily's first form:
Favourite witch from the show Homulilly_Card1

Though actually, now looking at Rebellion gifs, her second form is far more interesting and tragic:
Favourite witch from the show Tumblr_n3927dokx21qmencro1_250

I never noticed when watching the film that she's being led away like a prisoner with her hands bound and that her body is that of skeleton, thus symbolizing that she feels both lifeless and like she's imprisoned by her own fate. Really quite tragic. My poor baby. :c

Last edited by HomuHomu on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

alvaro84

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:52 am

HomuHomu wrote:
I never noticed when watching the film that she's being lead away like a prison with her hands bound and that her body is that of skeleton, thus symbolizing that she feels both lifeless and like she's imprisoned by her own fate. Really quite tragic. My poor baby. :c

Apparently she tries to stage her own execution. Maybe even repeat it, if the other girls don't interfere and carry out their mission as magical girls - which would be hunting wraiths in the new world, but way more sinister by the rules of an old, savage one...

So when her little paradise collapsed she plunged into her own hell.
Back to top Go down
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

HomuHomu

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:59 am

alvaro84 wrote:
HomuHomu wrote:
I never noticed when watching the film that she's being lead away like a prison with her hands bound and that her body is that of skeleton, thus symbolizing that she feels both lifeless and like she's imprisoned by her own fate. Really quite tragic. My poor baby. :c

Apparently she tries to stage her own execution. Maybe even repeat it, if the other girls don't interfere and carry out their mission as magical girls - which would be hunting wraiths in the new world, but way more sinister by the rules of an old, savage one...

So when her little paradise collapsed she plunged into her own hell.
That makes it even more tragic. Now I really wish I could jump into the screen and give her a big hug, even, well especially, while she's in her witch form, since that seems to be when she needs it the most.  I wonder if any of the magical girls ever tried just hugging the witches and telling them its gonna be ok. I know Kyoko tried to tell Oktavia that it would be ok, but she didn't hug her although I guess that's kind of hard when she's getting a bunch of wheels thrown at her.

I didn't notice it but apparently, also, Homulily's minions/familiars called clara dolls are shown committing suicide as symbolism for Homura's wish to die. Sad
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

alvaro84

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:16 am

Giving witches a hug is an interesting idea and I really don't know how to do it (they fight hard against that hug), but some form must help. Once it reaches them behind their deep thick insanity.

It may be the way Madoka got to 'Lilly's inner Homura. Though Madoka is special, she was more than a mere magical girl and a very special and precious person to Homura. Kyouko had really failed with Sayaka before.

(Notes: I had another suicidal witch before Homulilly, she's Alice in GOSE/chp2. I actually wrote her before Rebellion but she's just a re-interpretation of American McGee's Alice. || Lilly is Homura's call signal in the Hexenkommando. || Candy, Ophelia and Gretchen are there too.)
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:33 am

Quote :
Then He (yes, Christians refer this being with a masculine pronoun though I don't think it means anything except that they originate from a patriarchal society)

No? Of course God is genderless in Christianity but calling Him with a masculine pronoun is due to the 'balance' between equal 'elements' of 'masculinity' and 'femininity'. In other words, God, angels and satan and basically all supernatural sentient entities are 'male' and humanity is 'female'. That's why human woman is the last creature to appear in the Paradise --> she is the most 'advanced' and 'perfect' form of life, also that's why God's greatest creation is a woman - St. Mary; a human woman is 'perfect' as a creation ('normal' human) and a human man is perfect only when uniting human and godly nature (which is Jesus - the God and human simoultaneously). I hope it's clear now.

Poor Homulilly I try not to sympathize with her because I fell that if I emulate her emotions in my mind I will suffer from depression again. I have a delicate mind. 
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

alvaro84

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:39 am

SockPuppet wrote:
[center]
she is the most 'advanced' and 'perfect' form of life[/size]

It makes sense. Women are closer to be able to create life, even though they still can't do it alone.

And no, it's definitely not a good idea to sink in Homulilly's emotions. She's an extreme form of Homura and even Homura is quite messed up. Poor cutie, really.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:51 am

Neither I was psychically stable in this age, I mean 14 years old. I felt just like a Madoka Magica character despite the fact it was about 3-4 years before the show was created. It was extremally trippy. 

I also really like Bartels - some species of familiars Sayaka's fighting in some point~They're really cute and it seems the Inu Currys did their best creating them.

Back to top Go down
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

HomuHomu

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:31 am

@alvaro84 I always assumed the only reason Madoka was able to revert Homura back to Magical Girl form in Rebellion was because she was a Goddess who had the power to erase witches. But that wouldn't stop me from trying to hug a witch of a former friend even if it meant being killed if I was in the Madoka Magica universe.

@SockPuppet I also suffer from depression so I understand. I think that's why I can relate to Homura so much. 

Also, if we're going for familiars too, Anthony is really cute:
Favourite witch from the show Pet_antony
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:47 pm

I'm making an Anthony plushie~I've made the main part already, I'm looking for a good way to make the wings...

I wish I was able to live in the happy universe with friendly, happy witches in their cool and fun labyriths~It would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite witch from the show   

Back to top Go down

Favourite witch from the show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1