View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Ships?   Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:20 pm

What ships do you guys ship, if any? I ship MadoHomu and KyoSaya, though I also ship MadoSaya to a lesser extent. Heart Pulse
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

alvaro84

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Funny that I've never shipped any character pairs before PMMM, even though I've been into anime for quite a few years. But after watching it I became adamant that MadoHomu is the way to go :D I don't mind KyoSaya but unfortunately it couldn't happen in my world. When a Kyouko meets a Sayaka she knows that she's not the same so it can't happen. But the very Madoka Homura saved is alive and loves Homura very much. Finally, the poor lost time traveler got home.
Back to top Go down
http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:37 am

No, my miserable heart is in pain! Yuri is evil! Yaoi is evil too, though. <So sorry if this offends you> I cannot ship anyone in PMMM (unless I use some Rule63)...It's so sad that people ship PMMM characters so cruelly!
Back to top Go down
http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
alvaro84
Familiar

alvaro84

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:47 am

I don't think it's evil. If you happen to read my works you can see that it's nothing 'ecchi' or other stupid childish fanservice game - it's just a natural part of life, the way things are. They love each other, period. No more, no less. Just like it could be for real gay (or unusual in any way) couples if there weren't any prejudices. Okay, there are, even in that world. But I think I won't ever portray them as rainbow right fighters, they have other things to fight and they have a loving family (at least from the Kaname side).
Back to top Go down
http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:32 pm

SockPuppet wrote:
No, my miserable heart is in pain! Yuri is evil! Yaoi is evil too, though. <So sorry if this offends you> I cannot ship anyone in PMMM (unless I use some Rule63)...It's so sad that people ship PMMM characters so cruelly!
Since yuri literally means girls love, and yaoi means boys love, I think declaring it as "evil" counts as both hate speech and a political/religious statement, which both go against the forum rules: https://thewitchslabyrinth.forumotion.com/t7-rules-of-the-labyrinth

In addition to that, there are quite a few gay people in the PMMM fandom (at least on tumblr), so please try to keep talking like that to a minimum, as you never know who might be browsing the forum, and you might accidentally hurt someone. It's true that we're pretty small at the moment, but this forum may end up growing with time (and statistically, 1 in 10 people are gay. Or maybe it's 1 in 20. Either way, that's a pretty sizable amount).

alvaro84 wrote:
But I think I won't ever portray them as rainbow right fighters, they have other things to fight and they have a loving family (at least from the Kaname side).

Same, I can't really see Madoka and Homura doing that. I feel like they would just mind their own business and live their lives loving each other in peace. Though I think Kyoko and Sayaka might.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:08 am

o.O You are the first person ever to state that my deep full-hearted hatred towards yaoi/yuri has something to do with hate speech (even at some Polish SM forum that has very strict and well executed anti-hate politics, we just casually talked of whether someone likes y/y or not). I have always separated homosexuality in reality from its depiction in anime/manga. And what it has to do with politics/religion I really don't know. I just hate the genre as a whole (I also hate some more genres of fiction). Also, I think a big part of the PMMM fandom is so obsessed with yuri ships that they lose sight of what is really great and beautiful in the series in my opinion. It's not like I'm racist, homophobiac carnivorous religious fanatic that would set the world on fire to burn alive all pagans and sinners~
Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:58 pm

SockPuppet wrote:
o.O You are the first person ever to state that my deep full-hearted hatred towards yaoi/yuri has something to do with hate speech (even at some Polish SM forum that has very strict and well executed anti-hate politics, we just casually talked of whether someone likes y/y or not). I have always separated homosexuality in reality from its depiction in anime/manga. And what it has to do with politics/religion I really don't know. I just hate the genre as a whole (I also hate some more genres of fiction). Also, I think a big part of the PMMM fandom is so obsessed with yuri ships that they lose sight of what is really great and beautiful in the series in my opinion. It's not like I'm racist, homophobiac carnivorous religious fanatic that would set the world on fire to burn alive all pagans and sinners~
Sorry, I suppose I may have jumped to conclusions there Sweatdrop I'm probably biased since I'm gay myself. Unfortunately, I've always been the type to overreact about things so I suppose that doesn't help Sweatdrop

For the political/religious statement part, I'm not sure where you live, and if you don't live in the US, it might be a cultural difference. In the US the majority of anti-gay groups are motivated for religious reasons (saying that God is against gays and such), and gay marriage was a political issue before it became legal, and it's still typical here for most left-wingers to support gays and right-wingers to be against them (I'm sure there are exceptions, but that's what's most common). As for the hate speech, usually whenever I've come across people who dislike gays in fiction, it's because they're against it in real life (either that, or they "say" they're not against it in real life, when it's painfully obvious that they actually are).

I won't ask you why you dislike yuri/yaoi, but if it's because of how it can be fetishistic sometimes, then I see where you're coming from as I've heard some of them are like that. To be honest, I haven't watched any animes that are *specifically* in the yuri or yaoi genre because I'm afraid they might be like that.

As for the PMMM fandom being obsessed over yuri ships, I sort of agree, because although I myself really enjoy the yuri ships, I am really disappointed that not a lot of people in the fandom talk about the deeper aspects of the show. That was actually the main reason I joined this forum, because I wanted my experience in the PMMM fandom to be more than reblogging MadoHomu/KyoSaya fanart on tumblr (not that I don't find that fun, though).

Also @the admins I know we've been discussing some political stuff in this thread so if you ever want us to stop let us know
Back to top Go down
Hyper Blossom
Grief Seed

Hyper Blossom

Grief Seed
Title : Sayasuke fangirlSool Jim turn to Gref Sid|Witch of Broken Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:30 am

As my title indicates, i am a huge shipper of Sayasuke. As for other ships, i'm indifferent to them. I used to like MadoHomu before Rebellion happened
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:22 am

I wouldn't like to say anything political or religious on the forum~And I live in Poland, it's cool here~

But speaking of yaoi/yuri in fandom it's usually, like, people are so much into it, it's hard to see the actual series beneath all the ships. For example in my beloved Kuroshitsuji there is no yaoi at all but flocks of fujoshi are there and everyone who doesn't know the series think it's some crazy lewd yaoi manga! For some reason, fujoshi's activity in fandom is much more dirty-minded than rest of otaku.

I like to think that magical girls are doomed to be unhappy when it comes to romantic love. Sayaka's story was like that, it was really sad, but I like this kind of sadness in fiction.
Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Hyper Blossom wrote:
As my title indicates, i am a huge shipper of Sayasuke.

You're actually the first Sayasuke shipper I've come across :o Is it as rare of a pairing as it seems to be or have you met other shippers of it?

SockPuppet wrote:
But speaking of yaoi/yuri in fandom it's usually, like, people are so much into it, it's hard to see the actual series beneath all the ships. For example in my beloved Kuroshitsuji there is no yaoi at all but flocks of fujoshi are there and everyone who doesn't know the series think it's some crazy lewd yaoi manga! For some reason, fujoshi's activity in fandom is much more dirty-minded than rest of otaku.

...I have to admit, I've never seen Kuroshitsuji, and I too thought it was a lewd yaoi manga. So I see what you mean.

SockPuppet wrote:
I like to think that magical girls are doomed to be unhappy when it comes to romantic love. Sayaka's story was like that, it was really sad, but I like this kind of sadness in fiction.

That definitely seems to be the case in canon, especially if you interpret Homura saying that she loved Madoka in Rebellion as romantic love.

I personally prefer happy endings, but the dark theme of PMMM was one of the things I really enjoyed about it, so I'm a bit torn myself...
Back to top Go down
Hyper Blossom
Grief Seed

Hyper Blossom

Grief Seed
Title : Sayasuke fangirlSool Jim turn to Gref Sid|Witch of Broken Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:56 am

sayakasfav wrote:
Hyper Blossom wrote:
As my title indicates, i am a huge shipper of Sayasuke.

You're actually the first Sayasuke shipper I've come across :o Is it as rare of a pairing as it seems to be or have you met other shippers of it?

It is a pretty rare pairing since it's overshadowed by the fan favourite KyoSaya. I have met 3 other shippers, so i'm not alone!
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:05 am

Quote :
...I have to admit, I've never seen Kuroshitsuji, and I too thought it was a lewd yaoi manga.
It's not! It's great manga, there is actually one gay there and he is supercute. And the manga is not dirty at all. Anime is well, weird though. Manga is better.
Quote :
I personally prefer happy endings, but the dark theme of PMMM was one of the things I really enjoyed about it, so I'm a bit torn myself...
I'm immune to sad endings thanks to Sound Horizon, compared to SH Madoka is one happy cute show.

Also, I noticed that in *Saya ships both Kyoko and Kyosuke have 'Kyo' in their names and I though that it indicates that Kyoko replaces Kyosuke in Sayaka's heart...But I've found out that these 'Kyo' are written with different kanji so maybe it's just coincidence...
Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:48 pm

SockPuppet wrote:
Also, I noticed that in *Saya ships both Kyoko and Kyosuke have 'Kyo' in their names and I though that it indicates that Kyoko replaces Kyosuke in Sayaka's heart...But I've found out that these 'Kyo' are written with different kanji so maybe it's just coincidence...

Yeah, I thought that might be symbolic as well :o
Back to top Go down
Kyoko Sakura
Founder

Kyoko Sakura

Founder
Title : Bringer of Snacks

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:06 am

Yellow Star Hey guys, just a reminder that, as was mentioned, we want to keep all political/religious out of the Labyrinth. They are heated topics that only cause rifts in discussions and forums, and we want to keep things like that to a minimum!

I'm glad that it seems to have resolved itself in an amicable manner though Heart Pulse =) But please keep this in mind for the future! Yellow Star

As for myself, I am 100% a supporter of Kyoko/Sayaka! Though I do like to dabble in other pairings and see how the characters would work together in different ways (About a month ago I read a really cool Homura/Kyoko story that really made me go "huh... I like this xD", when before, I would have never really thought of the two together!) It's always cool to see things in a different perspective.

Though my top favorite is definitely still Kyoko/Sayaka. To me personally, it feels canon, and I just love the way the two interact and mesh together Heart Pulse
Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:50 pm

Kyoko Sakura wrote:
Hey guys, just a reminder that, as was mentioned, we want to keep all political/religious out of the Labyrinth. They are heated topics that only cause rifts in discussions and forums, and we want to keep things like that to a minimum!

Yeah, sorry about that D:

Kyoko Sakura wrote:
Though I do like to dabble in other pairings and see how the characters would work together in different ways (About a month ago I read a really cool Homura/Kyoko story that really made me go "huh... I like this xD", when before, I would have never really thought of the two together!) It's always cool to see things in a different perspective. 

Me too! I really like exploring the dynamic between possible ships :o
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 pm

Quote :
Hey guys, just a reminder that, as was mentioned, we want to keep all political/religious out of the Labyrinth. They are heated topics that only cause rifts in discussions and forums, and we want to keep things like that to a minimum! 

Ships? LV3Tu3Y
But still, sorry. I'm easy to be misunderstood. I love every human being and I wouldn't hurt someone's feeling on purpose.
Back to top Go down
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

HomuHomu

Grief Seed
Title : Homura Akemi's #1 fan

PostSubject: Re: Ships?   Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Ships. XD My favorites are probably the most popular:

Madoka x Homura is my OTP:
I believe this is official promo art for Rebellion, but I could be wrong(If it isn't official art, then its done by a pretty dang accurate fanartist and I wish I knew who they were cause its amazing):
Ships? A61

Nekkid space hugs from the end of the anime Laughing (Since its actually from the anime I assume its ok to post but if its too NSFW for the forum let me know and I'll remove it):
Ships? Maxresdefault

Ships? 800px-BD_6_Ep_12_SS_02

Madoka tackles Homura in the Rebellion movie:
Ships? Giphy

Hug Moemura:
Ships? 1456797769-96a1ad6b4d3d3e6f6f3bc129115552c9

Ships? Madoka_hug_Homura

Madoka and Homura during Luminious, the movie opening song:
Ships? Tumblr_n80jktq8ve1tqqugio1_500

Ships? HomuMado_cute_cheek_rubbing

More huggles (I love Homura's peaceful expression here):
Ships? Homura_gives_Madoka_a_hung

Ships? 800px-Surprise_hug

Ships? Homura_embracing_madoka_ep_11_confession

Madoka gives Homura her ribbons:
Ships? Madoka_giving_ribbons

Also, apparently Homura sacrifices her life to save Madoka in one of the PSP game routes:
Quote :
In one of the alternate Homura routes of Madoka Portable game, Homura fights against Walpurgis Night by herself. The game subtext has a strong resonance to star-crossed lovers, with a sad bittersweet ending.
Prior to Walpurgis' arrival, Madoka begs Homura to take her along with her. Homura refuses, telling her that it would be safer if she stays in the shelter. Madoka then asks Homura to promise her that she will return safely, and that if she can't promise her that, then to come back with her to the shelter. Apparently, Madoka cares more about Homura's survival than she does about Walpurgis destroying the city. Homura reassures Madoka that she will be fine, and promises her that she will return alive to her. However, Homura's inner thoughts reveal that this is a lie and apologizes to Madoka for lying to her as it is an impossible promise to keep.
Homura finally defeats Walpurgis Night, but it comes with a cost, the fight against the Witch was too much for Homura and she knows that she is dying from her injuries. Madoka finds Homura as she lays mortally wounded. She wants Homura to get some medical help, but Homura begs Madoka to stay with her on her last moments. Homura tells Madoka that she finally won, that she was able to finally save Madoka. Homura confesses that she is very happy, after repeating endless cycles, her real wish was finally granted: to be able to change Madoka's fate. Madoka, in tears, tells Homura that it doesn't mean anything without Homura by her side. She understands that Homura has been protecting her all this time, she pleads to Homura to don't leave her, to don't leave her by herself.
Homura tells Madoka that it will be ok, that Madoka wont be alone since she has other important people in her life. Then Homura asks Madoka not to grieve so much, because it hurts her to see Madoka sad. Then on Homura's last words, she tells her that she is very glad to have Madoka there for her in her last moments, and thanks Madoka for letting Homura protect her like she always wished. Homura dies in Madoka's arms, with her last thoughts being that she got the wish she always wanted, she has no regrets nor doubts about sacrificing herself for Madoka. Homura dies with no regrets within her heart.

There is a suspicion that there is a correlation between a magical girl dying while having regrets in their hearts, and becoming witches in the process. Since Homura died with no regrets in her heart, she never became a Witch. This implies that Homura's love for Madoka was able to overcome the transformation process and that she was sincere on saving the person she loved.

Homura's Death in the PSP game route(She dies in Madoka's arms with a smile on her face Sad ):
Ships? Madoka_Portable_Homura_Goodnight

Madoka and Homura almost turn into witches together in the anime series:
Ships? Homura_with_Madoka

Madoka braids Homura's hair in Rebellion:
Ships? Madokami_will_never_braid_your_hair

More yur-ish-ness from the Luminious opening:
Ships? Madoka_homura_take_my_hand

Ships? Homumado_hands_are_super_touching

Madoka x Homura from the Madoka Portable video game:
Valetines chocolates:
Ships? HomuMado_mobage_Valentine_edited_and_translated

Madoka's mom teases her about her crush on Homura:
Ships? Madoka_Portable_-_Madoka_invites_Homura_for_dinner_English_translation

My second favorite pairing is Kyoko x Sayaka:
From the Blu-ray disc menu:
Ships? 800px-Madoka_BD_5_Menu_Art_2

From NitroPlus Novel:
Ships? 798px-NitroPlus_Novel_01

From Nyan Type Magazine:
Ships? 800px-NyanType_04.2012_01

Poor Mami is all alone here, but it has Madoka x Homura and Kyoko x Sayaka on this official poster:
Ships? Sleepover

Another New Type magazine picture (This one made me laugh cause Kyouko's obviously jealous of that MadoSaya going on there and Madoka's apparently get herself a threesome with Homura and Sayaka Laughing )
Ships? 800px-NewType_05.2012_01

Megami magazine:
Ships? 800px-Megami_poster_KyouSaya

More official art:
Ships? 471px-Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_LOVE%21_Sayaka_%26_Kyouko_Version_Illustration

Kyoko and Sayka poster of the Madoka Movies:
Ships? 428px-Sayaka_kyoko_movie_art_official

More official art:
Ships? 20111128_2151899

Page from a magazine or something:
Ships? 800px-Sample-ee2b70f5aad4c27c3f1996aa2279bac3

Signboard with Kyoko and Sayka (and also Mami and Nagisa and Homura and Madoka)
Ships? 660px-1381238992622

And finally, the last pairing I like is Mami x Nagisa:
From the Rebellion manga:
Ships? 409px-Mami_nagisa_hand_holding_lewd

Official Signboard merchandise:
Ships? 532px-Signboard_mamimomoe

Megami magazine spread:
Ships? 412px-Megami_2013-12_Spread_MamiMomoe

Mami saves Nagisa from being crushed by cheese in the Rebellion movie:
Ships? Ending_2

Nagisa holding onto Mami in the Rebellion movie poster:
Ships? The_Rebellion_Story_text_free