AuthorMessage
Kyoko Sakura
Founder

Kyoko Sakura

Founder
Title : Bringer of Snacks

PostSubject: The Different Story   Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:44 am

The Different Story PEqMCrU

I love The Different Story!! Heart Pulse I am completely biased of course, due to it having a lot of Kyoko, but I think the story itself is really good. I love that we get to see more into Mami's personality and motives and her past - since in the anime, we didn't get to see as much of her as I would have liked. This really does a beautiful job to fill out her character.

Getting to see the downward spiral of Mami and Kyoko's relationship broke my heart. Especially as you learn that Kyoko looked up to Mami like a sister. I love how, even when they were fighting with each other, you still could read into the true feelings and caring they have for one another.

Oh and Kyoko's illusion magic!! I loved learning about her latent powers (it hurt to learn she rejected those powers after her family's tragic end), as it was never mentioned in the anime. I like how it came back in the end too.

Kyoko and Madoka bonding was adorable, too Heart Pulse

I could ramble on, but I'll try to refrain for now xD I definitely recommend everyone to read it! It does focus on Mami and Kyoko, but the other girls are in it as well, and play their own role in the story! If you're a fan of Mami or Kyoko, then you definitely need to read this!!
Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Re: The Different Story   Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Yeah, The Different Story is awesome Big Smile You really get to see more of Kyoko and Mami's character development, and it does a great job in doing so!!

And I definitely agree on the subject of Kyoko and Madoka bonding, it was so adorable Heart Pulse Of course, Kyoko and Mami's relationship was quite interesting too. And I liked how we also got to see a different side of Kyoko and Sayaka's relationship as well, with them teaming up instead of fighting (of course, that was explored in Rebellion too, but still), and we also got to see just how Kyoko and Homura know each other. Now that I think about it, we just got to see more of Kyoko interacting with the other characters in general Big Smile
Back to top Go down
Mami Tomoe
Founder

Mami Tomoe

Founder
Title : The Yellow One

PostSubject: Re: The Different Story   Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:42 pm

A Different Story was so great!!! I read it a few weeks ago when Kyoko demanded I mean suggested I read it xD My favorite part is getting to see more of Mami and getting to know more of her back story and everything. In the anime version you only see her for 3 episodes and don't really get to learn too much about her. She seems like a happy mentor lady who only hints a tiny bit at being happy to have Madoka and Sayaka because she's not lonely anymore. But this manga goes so much more in depth and I feel so bad for her ;-; Poor wittle lonely Mami, everyone keeps leaving her </3

I also love seeing the interaction of Mami and Kyoko and think it's a great and unique spin to the story to have the whole mentor thing be a part of their relationship. It was interesting to see Kyoko and Homura become a team in a way xD I wasn't really expecting that haha. But it's definitely a great story and worth the read!! I read it all in one day >.> I don't have issues lol
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

alvaro84

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: The Different Story   Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:38 am

Mami Tomoe wrote:
Poor wittle lonely Mami, everyone keeps leaving her </3

May not be very nice of me but I took this thing into her future, even as far as 2017. She looks damn good, she's famous, she's (mostly) nice (are we always nice? thought not.), she's one of the four legendary heroines who changed the world and she's still lonely. Damn me.
Back to top Go down
http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
Kyoko Sakura
Founder

Kyoko Sakura

Founder
Title : Bringer of Snacks

PostSubject: Re: The Different Story   Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:51 pm

All the Different Story love!! Heart Pulse

I hope that we might get an animated adaption of this story, though I am 100% biased!

Also, Alvaro, you always have such interesting things to say, I hope you share with us your stories when you can post links! :D
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

alvaro84

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: The Different Story   Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:15 pm

I'm waiting eagerly for that first week to pass!

To be honest, TDS didn't contribute too much to my work. But it was good to learn about Mami's and Kyouko's shared past. It was a very useful thing to know. Characters' background is important, even when it isn't explicitly written in a story.

On the other hand, I used Oriko Magica characters. Also facts about Madoka's first wish to save Amy, which hides on a drama CD. Rebellion, a lot of.

In the ongoing story there's even some Concept movie and Majuu Hen too. They're often re-interpreted because my characters aren't the exact ones in the anime. Their life takes different turns at distinct points, they change too, and they have a lot of crucial information the canon characters don't. But Homura's revenge is a great example how having extra info can be moot or worse.

But one thing is surely better: the girls of the "old team" form a strong alliance and don't fight among each other like they do so much in the anime and the spin offs. Oriko is a bit distanced from the original four, she's an ally but has her own goals (which are kind of the same as the others' but she thinks differently about reaching them - very like her, like in Oriko Magica, where she could have been a natural ally to Homura in saving Madoka but she found a simpler method to solve the problem called Kriemhild Gretchen...) and isn't completely trusted by Homura. Or her "big sister" Kyouko.
Back to top Go down
http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Different Story   

Back to top Go down

The Different Story
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Witch's Labyrinth :: Mitakihara City :: Manga Discussions-