HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in 
Quick Links
Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? ANaHW8D Forum Rules

Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? ANaHW8D Avatar/Signature Rules

Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? ANaHW8D Ranking System

Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? ANaHW8D Recent Topics

Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? ANaHW8D Watched Topics
Latest topics
» New game coming out!
Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? Emptyby alvaro84 Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 pm

» Check In and Forum Activity Brainstorm
Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? Emptyby SockPuppet Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:26 am

» Members' fanwork
Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? Emptyby SockPuppet Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:53 am

» Happy Birthday to a member
Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? Emptyby SockPuppet Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:30 am

» Cycle of Random Thoughts!
Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? Emptyby SockPuppet Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:41 am

» Is anyone here?
Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? Emptyby SockPuppet Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:02 pm

» MadokaXNogizaka46 collaboration & other interesting stuff
Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? Emptyby SockPuppet Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:52 pm

» "Ultimate collection"
Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? Emptyby SockPuppet Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:05 am

Cbox

Poll
MGS: Madoka VS Mami
Madoka
Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? NEBDt9f33%Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? NEBDt9f
 33% [ 2 ]
Mami
Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? NEBDt9f67%Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs? NEBDt9f
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Witch's House
Grief Seed

The Witch's House

Grief Seed
Title : The Witch Maker

PostSubject: Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs?   Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:22 am

While the new concept movie/project is in the works, I can't help but feel (imo) that they'll keep re-using the main cast in more future works and never give em' a break so we can see the other stories of the spin-off magical girls comes to life. Like everyone else, I love the original series and the cast. But I'd like to see another story with a new cast of characters and how they tried (and failed) to deal with Kyubey's system.

Though some of the spin-offs share a common fault; pacing issues due to being restricted to a set number of volumes. This has lead to certain stories being either terrible or better than others, but leaving a few questions in the end.

We all know that Suzune was originally going to be 2 volumes, but ended up with 3. That same volume ended up having a massive exposition dump towards the end, and its plot being rather convoluted.
Kazumi suffers similarly with plot holes and its general use of the Madoka setting on how the characters learn and deal with the magical girl system.

The Different Story is well written within its limits that touches on Mami and Kyoko's relationship that the anime didn't tell us, from their meeting, friendship, fall out, and end in that timeline.
Oriko gives us not 1 but 2 villain magical girls who become new obstacles in Homura's efforts to save Madoka in a timeline, and with back stories to boot and reasons for going against her.

Tart itself gives us a chance to learn about one of the other girls whose wishes and powers could change history like Madoka: Joan of Arc. Even information on that time in history is provided alongside the story (and is currently ongoing).

Imagine what these stories would be like if they had the chance to be animated and maybe even better their stories unlike in the manga they debuted in. Show off different perspectives from the main story.

Do you think we'll ever get to see one of these become an anime? Which do you think has a chance, if given?

Btw, I'm not saying that everyone hates/likes one or more of these, but it's a common opinion I've seen around the net on them.
Back to top Go down
https://felis-licht.deviantart.com/
McKnight
Grief Seed

McKnight

Grief Seed
Title : Wind Pier

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs?   Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:04 am

Exactly what Magica Quartet should have given us instead of ending The Rebellion Story the way it did just to drag that story out for longer than planned.
Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

zenkai97

Grief Seed
Title : Da SwagMaster

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs?   Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:00 pm

I personally think that it might be a bad idea since I personally think that the spin offs are more confusing than the original anime and might cause some issues when animated.

The plus side is that we get to explore more about this universe and see some new perspectives about the series.

However, the reason why they keep using the main cast is due to the fact that it's going forward rather than staying static. With the spin offs, it stays within the system while Rebellion Story opens more possibilities outside of the system and a story continues rather than seeing girls suffering over the same thing.

The fact that there are also other magical girl anime like Magical Girl Raising Project, maybe Selector Wixoss, or Yuki Yuna is a Hero will possibly make viewers bored as they expect the twist rather than be surprised. What makes Madoka great is that it does something new with magical girls? If we keep getting the same thing over and over, it will get repetitive.

There is a risk in making an anime of the spin offs, but there is a chance that it will work. It just depends on the execution.
Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs?   Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:32 am

While I too would love for the spin-offs to be animated, I doubt they'll do it. They most likely keep re-using the main cast because they're the ones most of the fanbase wants to see; a completely different cast of magical girls might not sell as well, unfortunately. However, with that taken into account, they could still do The Different Story. I have a feeling they won't, but it would be nice to see...
Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

zenkai97

Grief Seed
Title : Da SwagMaster

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs?   Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:41 pm

I can agree with you sayakasfav
Back to top Go down
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

HomuHomu

Grief Seed
Title : Homura Akemi's #1 fan

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs?   Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:05 pm

I wish they'd make an OVA out of Homura's Revenge.  The Different Story would also be good as well. Homura Tamura could be fun, but I think that's the least likely since its not canon.
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

alvaro84

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:43 am

HomuHomu wrote:
I wish they'd make an OVA out of Homura's Revenge.

Wouldn't be bad. It was the best spinoff I've ever read.

On the other hand, there are good fan fictions that would be even better.
Back to top Go down
http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:58 am

And I would like to see Oriko Magica the animation. There are some interesting ideas I want to see in color and motion.
Back to top Go down
http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs?   

Back to top Go down

Will we ever see an anime of any of the manga spin-offs?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1