Share | 

Discussion: Homura's wish in the new universe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hyper Blossom
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Sayasuke fangirlSool Jim turn to Gref Sid|Witch of Broken Hearts

PostSubject: Discussion: Homura's wish in the new universe   Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:25 am

When Madoka created the new universe, Homura was given a bow as a weapon instead of her time shield.  Her wish in the original series was to protect Madoka but since Madoka doesn't exist anymore, her wish would have had to have changed. What do you guys think her wish would have been?

I personally believe her wish was to know how the Law of Cycles came to be, and her bow represents her bond with Madoka in the previous universe. It would also explain why Homura is the only one to remember what happened. It's not the strongest theory ever but i like it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Homura's wish in the new universe   Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:52 am

I think her wish didn't change at all, it just doesn't make sense in a world without Madoka. She must be a complete mystery to the Incubators because she just came to be at a certain point of time, already contracted without them knowing. She has no memory of the 'new past' and is a complete stranger to the whole new world - hence her memory manipulation power, a gift from the forces of nature, bestowed upon her to help her blend in to an unknown life without seen as a real oddball.
In Wraith Arc she appeared around Sayaka's death and (probably unwittingly) used her new power to make herself a member of Mami's team.

Now it's debated how canon WA is, but I'll surely build upon its basics. In my ”new world” she appears several weeks earlier and she has very loose control over her ability. She's also determined to avoid the Devil's mistakes. It's TRAOD/chp5 I've been working on for months. It's been incredibly slow lately :(

The bow must be some gift from Madoka, or Homura's subconscious expressing her dedication to her. Magical girl weapons and powers and witches' labyrinths and familiars are all made in similar ways, out of their wishes and thoughts and emotions. This is why I've changed her earring familiar too. My Homura is NOT the same Devil. It'll be fun to explore the path she followed to become what she is. And hard work, as I feel now :-/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Homura's wish in the new universe   Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:18 pm

Yeah, I think she probably was transferred from the original universe to Madoka's; likely by Madoka herself during the Godoka + Homura in space scene.

Not sure how Wraith Arc plays into it since I haven't read it yet, so I should probably stop putting off reading it. Sweatdrop

Although I never really considered the possibility of her forgetting about Madoka at some point... I do wonder what would have happened if she forgot about Madoka after the creation of the new world...

Sayaka's Soul Gem  In case you haven't noticed, I really like Sayaka Miki.SayakaSayaka's Soul Gem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Homura's wish in the new universe   Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:32 pm

Before WA I had an even bigger problem. It was kind of logical that if the world has changed on so many levels that even its past is changed (Madoka wished to erase the existence of every witch, even those in the past so the whole world couldn't stay the 'place' it had been, its world line must have been completely transferred, the events before her wish had changed too) something happened to Homura's past and from that point on she should have remembered a different life. She must have lived an entirely different life. She had no (or different) reason to make a wish, and yes, that would have given her a different wish. And memories about Madoka that came later, like in the train station scene in ep12 when she starts to cry for Madoka. It would have been cruel to give her an entire childhood with those memories and no way to do anything about them. Though it would have given her an easy way to go crazy...

With Wraith Arc they had to be faster and it doesn't feel that smooth. Anyway, her new power makes her doubt everything which could be quite believable if had enough time to develop these doubts. But WA is too quick and this must be why they dropped Majuuka in the mix - a wraith that steals memories and emotional energy from Homura and takes Madoka's form. It seems to kind of toy with her. Or it has feelings for her, for it the emotions from Homura herself. Or both. Now she wonders if she had a wish about change her own memories, which could be an answer to the topic's question. But it still wouldn't make sense. Why would anyone invent a new deity and ask a 'djinni' to make it her new religion...?

Someone feels off with Wraith Arc. In TRAOD I think I found another solution (also six more weeks because she doesn't transfer at Walpurgisnacht but at the very 16th of March so she's already been around for a while when Sayaka dies), and goddamn I should finish that *** 5th chapter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/

Discussion: Homura's wish in the new universe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1