Madoka
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
Mami
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Share | 

Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:41 am

GOOSE, kind of bird.

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Da SwagMaster

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:03 pm

I mean what is alvaro84 is saying, I did not get it when he says GOSE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:06 pm

I'd like to know it too.

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:39 pm

Pretty much, now we probably need some destruction afterwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:10 pm

When I say MGC GOSE or TRAOD I refer my own fiction. I've collected them in my opening post in the welcoming section, but here they are again:

Magical Girl Crusade: http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/gallery/30220168/Magical-Girl-Crusade-English-translation
Girls Of Science Era: http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/gallery/49968091/Girls-Of-Science-Era-English-version
Tomb Raider and the Angel Of Death: http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/gallery/58347620/Tomb-Raider-and-the-Angel-Of-Death-English

It's kind of one extended world, crossed with Fringe in the first two 'seasons'. Comes with hard bogus science and a different world when magic and the Incubators become unveiled to the (decaying) world. I tried to be more logical and scientifically profound than both parent works.

TRAOD is going to be more fictional in genre.

While MGC is a complete parallel of the series GOSE's storyline is completely different from Rebellion though it contains certain scenes and images from that and even the canon characters appear - because my girls are just their parallels, living different lives in a different world. This is the part where they aren't magical girls anymore because there's a friendly mad scientist in this world who has the balls to stand up against the Incubators. Or there was. Or both.

And if you digested this hard science fantasy (is there such a thing?) TRAOD will be entirely different, but still kind of a sequel because I can't help following my favourite girls even after the end of GOSE. Of course the world has changed but they still linger to be there for magical girls. And young Lara is among them, she just can't remember. Kazumi, anyone? No, it won't be like that at all. But the part I've already written but not ready for release has a lot of the Majuu Hen and the concept movie. And paleontology because of „Takkun's favourite dinosaur„ back in GOSE and Homura's new familiar Mei - who's a liberal interpretation of a lizard because she's much closer to the Liese birds. Meet the reptilian bird Homuraptor! :D

Last edited by alvaro84 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:20 pm

I see. Well let's hope that the new concept movie will explain more about this world or finish the series all together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:37 am

The concept movie seems like a trailer to something that doesn't come into reality for now. I don't like it. They should make the new movie/series already~! I mean, I liked the concept movie itself, but the idea of making something that seems like prevue and then remaining silent for months is cruel. 

I wonder which world we are going to see if there is some new movie/series for real. Probably it will be the Homuverse...I hope they are not out of ideas for plot.

Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Yeah it is cruel. Why not show the trailer when the opening date is coming? Or show some concepts and ideas or events to increase the hype in the mean time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:18 pm

SockPuppet wrote:
I wonder which world we are going to see if there is some new movie/series for real.

To be honest, I always got the idea that there were likely not going to be any canon sequels and that Rebellion was the end of the PMMM story (the concept movie seems like it's going to be a 'concept' of something that doesn't actually happen within the canonverse (edit: I'm now 99% sure that I was wrong about that)).

Sayaka's Soul Gem  In case you haven't noticed, I really like Sayaka Miki.SayakaSayaka's Soul Gem

Last edited by sayakasfav on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:57 pm

You might be right, but I do hope that it is a direct sequel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:53 am

I hope so too. There are still some questions left unanswered. But I would be happy with any animated Madoka stuff. Anything with Megucas, Inu Curry and Yuki Kajiura.

Back to top Go down
Title : Bringer of Snacks

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:02 am

I hope for a direct sequel too, and I have to agree with Sock in that I feel there are too many questions that we still need/want answers to! But at the same time, I could totally see the makers of PMMM wanting to leave us hanging like that xD They are always cruel in all the new and surprising ways hehe

To go back a bit more on topic, I think Homura's world is ultimately "better" because, at least at first, the girls were happy and together and they had eachother for support. But at the same time, I also think her world was doomed to fail from the beginning, so perhaps in a ways, it is much worse xD

Ultimately, perhaps neither world is really better, and I want a third option where everyone can live happily together and fight monsters as a team that gets to live for a long time! Oh wait, this is still PMMM isn't it? haha xD that'd never happen but one can still hope!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:21 am

I hope for a sequel that will turn PMMM world upside down once more. And I wonder how long will Homura be able to restrain Madoka's godly powers.

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:35 am

Kyoko Sakura wrote:
To go back a bit more on topic, I think Homura's world is ultimately "better" because, at least at first, the girls were happy and together and they had eachother for support. But at the same time, I also think her world was doomed to fail from the beginning, so perhaps in a ways, it is much worse xD

I think she tried to make it better. She saw that Madoka exiled herself from the world she loved for one more flawed system. I'm sure that her new world tries to correct it. I don't yet know how, but at least she's here as a person and can make adjustments. At least I hope so. And I hope she'll be sane enough to improve things.

As for the sequel... I'm quite worried about it. Rebellion took a while to digest but I could make sense of the ending in the end and stopped feeling that they turned her character inside out. The way I see now she's not the yandere she tries to play. Per definition she is one but it would put her in a bad company so I never say it - she's a complex character who tries to make things better, tries to do many contradicting things at once, tries to choose the lesser evil and makes (even huge) mistakes in the process. Often even the outside viewer couldn't give her sound advice. Sometimes we can see how wrong she is but I don't think we could really blame her.

Now I don't know what the sequel will achieve, concerning her character. I'm even ready to reject their reality and substitute my own should they go too far.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:48 am

I just want more Meguca, more wacky monsters of any kind, more mindblows and more despair. I suffer from insufficiency of Madoka. Maybe that is why I try to make my own witches and create stories in my mind.

Well, my own experiences with Rebellion were peculiar. I've hated Homura for a moment (though soon I quited hating her) not because of her deeds but because I don't like female demons (I love male ones on contrary, I'm unfair and sexist and everything XD). I feel so pathetic with myself. I understand that Homura sacrificed so much of herself for Madoka.

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:09 am

SockPuppet wrote:
I just want more Meguca, more wacky monsters of any kind, more mindblows and more despair. I suffer from insufficiency of Madoka. Maybe that is why I try to make my own witches and create stories in my mind.

I'll have to make up new witches and/or other monsters too, I have plans for the parts where I'll need them. There will be Mecca mission and "boss fights" so witches and wraiths and other enemies will surely have roles in TRAOD.

Back in MGC there was no new witch and in GOSE there was like one, no wraiths, no hostile magical girls... but there were still other enemies. Now there will be more. A world, cushioned by the Law of Cycles, has more enemies, doesn't it? Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
McKnight
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Wind Pier

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:14 am

My main interest lies in new magical girls to turn into Cibi, although I am also interested in what the deal might have been with Nagisa such that she would be present in Homura's world (albeit in her Witch form most of the time).

They paid a heavy price...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:31 am

I like to follow and play with the "canon" characters (or their parallels in this case) because it was their story and characters that inspired me to write. I have only one new girl, Nyameka Gretel Mathibe, to turn into a former magical girl. To be honest she doesn't even get too much screen time. I spent many hours making up her background and only a little bit of it got into GOSE. And I still don't have a proper design for her. I know for sure that she's taller than Madoka and Homura, maybe like or a bit shorter than Kyouko (it's 6 years after Walpurgisnacht and they're like Mado~=Homu~=Mami<Kyouko(~=Junko!)) and has cornrows. Oh, and she's Namibian.

Her magic is of no concern at this point. Her wish is important, though, but never explicitly told. It can be guessed, though.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:41 am

I have made 4 megucas (well, not exactly megucas, but let's skip this part for the time being). I mean, they are all-purpose female characters but they may be megucas if necessary. But I have only a vague sketch of the plot. I'm miserable. I'm better at designing characters than making stories.

Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:23 pm

Kyoko Sakura wrote:
Ultimately, perhaps neither world is really better, and I want a third option where everyone can live happily together and fight monsters as a team that gets to live for a long time! Oh wait, this is still PMMM isn't it? haha xD that'd never happen but one can still hope!

Same. I just want them to be happy D:

Sayaka's Soul Gem  In case you haven't noticed, I really like Sayaka Miki.SayakaSayaka's Soul Gem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:09 am

Sound Horizon made me used to suffering. I rather I like to suffer together with my beloved fictional characters. It is SH's fault, indeed. Maybe that's why i like PMMM so much. I mean, it's cruel of me, but I like the squad to live infinite magical adventures filled with 'fantasy, dreams and despair'*, Yuki Kajiura's music and Inu Curry's pictures.

*Quoting Revo

Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:02 pm

For some reason it reminds me of Bojack Horseman which is a deconstruction like Madoka. Every character in that series literally suffer from real life troubles that every adult have with realistic consequences. Despite the show being about an anthropomorphic horse, it made me feel sad as I was going through a similar crisis sort of.

In shows like these, you kind of want the characters to have a happy live since you grow to love them and wish for the best of them. That is one of the few good things about Madoka. If the characters were unlikable, nobody would have these feelings for the series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:49 pm

zenkai97 wrote:
In shows like these, you kind of want the characters to have a happy live since you grow to love them and wish for the best of them. That is one of the few good things about Madoka. If the characters were unlikable, nobody would have these feelings for the series.

^^^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:53 pm

Sweet, someone is quoting me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Homura Akemi's #1 fan

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:30 am

Well,my favorite was Homura's "witch world" where all the girls were alive and together and they fought Nightmares instead of witches or wraiths. Madoka and Homura got to be together cause Madoka existed again. Kyoko and Sayaka got to live together. And Mami wasn't lonely anymore because she had Bebe/Nagisa plus got to fight along side all the other Magical Girls. Plus Kyuubey was just a cute pet and not an evil monster who stole innocent young girls souls my tricking them into making contracts.  And there was no despair for anyone. Unfortunately, though, that world was just an illusion based on Homura's desires to see everyone happy.

Having to choose between the two actual "real" worlds, though, I still think I like Homura's world better. I mean, sure, in Madokami's world the Magical Girls no longer became witches but they still had to all disappear and leave behind their friends and family, which is almost as depressing as becoming witches. Atleast in Akuma Homura's world,  all the girls are alive again, with their family and friends, and have a chance to grow up.  However, while at the end of Rebellion, I thought that Homura's world didn't have witches because the Kyubey's took the place by carrying the burden of the curse(which imo they rightly deserved) , it seems from the info of the concept movie that witches might actually exsist in Homura's world. So, this means that the girls might once again have to worry about becoming witches. I hope not though. I hope there's some other explanation, like maybe those are the witches that already exsisted, that got "freed" when Homura broke the Law of Cycles by pulling Madoka from it, but no new witches can be formed so any new curses will be a burden carried by the Kyubeys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next