Madoka
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
Mami
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Share | 

Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:19 pm

Title is self-explanatory. This seems to be a heavily-debated topic amongst the fandom, with some arguing that Homura's world is better because they're all together and happy, and others believing that Homura's downfall was inexcusable, so I'm curious as to what you guys think. Lightbulb

Sayaka's Soul Gem  In case you haven't noticed, I really like Sayaka Miki.SayakaSayaka's Soul Gem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyper Blossom
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Sayasuke fangirlSool Jim turn to Gref Sid|Witch of Broken Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Madokami's world was better. Sure, in Homu-Homu's world, Kyubey got comeuppance,Nagisa and Sayaka were brought back and there was no meguca sufffering but the creation of the world required Homura to rip Madoka from her place as the Law of Cycles and become the villain. Her actions are not excusable, and her love for Madoka has turned into a creepy obsession. It looks like a perfect world because everyone is alive and happy, but it isn't. Sayaka was pretty angry at Homura for ruining everything, and the only reason the other characters are happy is because they don't remember a thing.

In Madokami's world, while the magical girls were still undead liches, there was hope for salvation, and they ascended with the Law of Cycles once their time had come. It wasn't a happy ending, especially not for the friends and families of the magical girls (seriously, imagine how Sayaka's parents feel just knowing their daughter just vanished into thin air. We already know that Hitomi blames herself for Sayaka's disappearance, and Kyousuke still remembers her) but at least they didn't turn into witches. Plus the Incubators still got to gather energy to combat entropy. 

Madokami's world was a product of Madoka's wish for hope, Homura's world was a product of her wish to possess Madoka.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:44 am

From what I've understood, we don't know much about Homura's world. I may be wrong but it's not said how laws of Homuverse are different from Madoverse...I don't know if there are wraiths or witches in Homura's world, what are laws of magical girls' existence like, what is Law of Cycles in this world (she said that she didn't destroyed LoC but only divided it from Madoka's existence as a person, so LoC still exists...probably). Correct me if I'm wrong.

So my opinion on this world depends on answers to these questions.

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:37 am

And it's not even Homura's world we don't fully know. Wraith Arc began to shed light on the darker side of Madoka's world and it isn't too pretty either. Of course her wish came true and there is a hope for magical girls so she has really achieved something. In case a girl would turn into a witch she'll be taken away to a nice comforting afterlife or whatever it is - it's not completely clear but it seems that Madoka cames for them as a person, as the embodiment of hope. So she acts as a real good Goddess or saint of magical girls. On the other hand, she probably can't do anything for those who die other ways, like breaking their soul gems or the wraiths draining their emotions(?) - I'm not completely sure about this one, it was only Majuuka who told it, I mean the wraith that took Madoka's form. It could even be a lie.

All in all, it's easy to take a girl's hope away and they got just the right enemy to do it. Wraiths seem to be designed to trick the Law of Cycles. Of course they aren't, it's just a 'coincidence' or, better, a law of nature. I believe that Madoka Magica's world isn't evil. It's 'just' completely indifferent. (Not unlike the Incubators!)

Now Homura's world is a question that may be answered in the future. I guess similarly to SockPuppet, I think it's basically the same world with Madoka (as a person) relocated to Mitakihara. What Homura violated was the 'by my own hands/power' part, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Da SwagMaster

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:36 pm

In one world, there is hope and is just a less messed up version of the real world (Madoka). The other is a perfect world (Homura). Would you want a world with some flaws or a world without flaws?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:28 pm

True, but because of the methods that Homura employs to make her world perfect, it's also a question of "would you rather live (mostly) free in an imperfect world (Madoka) or be subject to the will of a "superior" being in a perfect world (Homura)?"

That being said, I'm not really sure which side I favor. Though I do know that I would probably favor Homura's if it weren't for how she trapped Madoka against her will.

Sayaka's Soul Gem  In case you haven't noticed, I really like Sayaka Miki.SayakaSayaka's Soul Gem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:06 pm

To be fair, I might have to go with Homura is there is freedom. Otherwise I'll have to go with Madoka's world since a perfect world is a boring one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:24 am

I may be cruel, but I liked the universe with witches the most. Wraiths are boring in comparison. Homura's world seems to be more wacky that Madoka's one, so from aesthetical pov I prefer Homuverse. I want to know more about it's nature and rules~

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:32 am

How do you all know anything about Homura's new world? I'd like too but I don't :(

I made a little trip there in GOSE/chp9-11 but the world isn't fleshed out at all in there. Really.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:59 am

It's only that I saw some Claras wandering around in Homura's world. It means this world differs from Madoka's one.

Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:28 am

I guess everybody is in the happy part of hell since Homura is a demon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Homura may have called herself a demon, but that doesn't mean she actually is one.

@alvaro84 wrote:
How do you all know anything about Homura's new world? I'd like too but I don't :(

We're mostly getting this from the implications of the end of Rebellion.

What I got from Rebellion was that Homura's world was designed to be an ideal world for the main five magical girls, but Homura was it's supreme leader and she could change and manipulate the things and people in the world as she chose (like how she altered all their memories). But she would also have to be aware that something was occurring that she wouldn't like as she isn't omniscient (she didn't alter Sayaka's memories until she confronted Homura at the end). And I also think her powers may have limits and I have a feeling both Madoka and Sayaka will eventually regain their memories.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:45 pm

If Madoka and Sayaka regain their memories, do you think another Battle of Gods will happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:05 am

Well, I wonder how Madoka would react if she finds out about Homura's scheme. I'm also curious why Sayaka haven't lost her memories by now, but Nagisa seems completly unaware?

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:06 am

@zenkai97 wrote:
If Madoka and Sayaka regain their memories, do you think another Battle of Gods will happen?

No way. Even if the smallest speck of honesty gets stuck between the gears they definitely won't fight. It can still be dramatic, though :)

(And again, GOSE has such a scene too ;))
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:18 am

I don't think they are going to fight each other even if there is some conflict between them. Neither Madoka nor Homura would use direct violence against the other.

Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:31 am

Aw, I thought that there will be a battle that would take place all over the world and into space and be sort of like this. Skip to 0:50 to see what I hope will happen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:18 pm

Girls resolve their conflicts in different way than boys XD

Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:11 pm

I don't think gender matters. The point is that there will be a fight that shall end the world and recreate a new one.

Could it at least look like this?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:02 pm

Personally, I can't see Madoka resorting to violence against Homura at all. And while I think Homura could do it if she was driven to extreme lengths, she definitely wouldn't want to and it would only be a last resort for her.

Although, such a battle would be pretty epic imo.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:58 am

True, Madoka would try to talk to Homura. Then again, Homura is the type of person what will go extreme lengths to get what she wants, maybe.

If so, I picture Madoka trying to dodge and block while Homura goes all out in attacks.

Yeah, the battle will be epic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:09 am

@sayakasfav wrote:
And while I think Homura could do it if she was driven to extreme lengths, she definitely wouldn't want to and it would only be a last resort for her.

...and she'd feel even more miserable afterwards.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:17 am

BTW, I like Homura for how dynamic character she is. Also  Homura wouldn't use physical violence against Madoka so battle of gods in literary terms won't happen. But I can imagine the epic fight between Homura and Madoka's 'angels' (Sayaka&Nagisa+maybe other former witches)~

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:41 am

@SockPuppet wrote:
BTW, I like Homura for how dynamic character she is. Also  Homura wouldn't use physical violence against Madoka so battle of gods in literary terms won't happen. But I can imagine the epic fight between Homura and Madoka's 'angels' (Sayaka&Nagisa+maybe other former witches)~

Strictly hypothetically a "time war" between them would be thrilling to imagine. And impossible for me. Really, how can you imagine attacks and counterattacks that precede each other "after" their counterpart was fired... crazy, really. But gods should be able to handle it.

Madokami says in GOSE that she'd go crazy if every past and future was always present in her mind. She has to actively look for pasts and futures and parallels.

And again, a very little and distant image of time war operations (not between Homura and Madoka!) is there in GOSE's background. It's my Magnum Opus (so far), what isn't in there? (thanks for the new emoticons btw)Happy Hop
Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?   Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:56 am

What is GOSE?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Is Homura's world better than Madoka's world?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next