» MadokaXNogizaka46 collaboration & other interesting stuff
Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime Emptyby SockPuppet Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:52 pm

» "Ultimate collection"
Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime Emptyby SockPuppet Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:05 am

Cbox

Poll
MGS: Madoka VS Mami
Madoka
Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime NEBDt9f33%Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime NEBDt9f
 33% [ 2 ]
Mami
Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime NEBDt9f67%Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime NEBDt9f
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hyper Blossom
Grief Seed

Hyper Blossom

Grief Seed
Title : Sayasuke fangirlSool Jim turn to Gref Sid|Witch of Broken Hearts

PostSubject: Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime   Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:50 am

Self explanatory title  Happy Jump I wanted to make a topic about the sad moments in general, but let's face it, this entire anime is one emotional trip down feels town.

My favourites are:

Sayaka becoming a witch
Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime NMOEOUq
Everything about this scene is heartbreaking. Sayaka's found out she's basically sold her soul and become an undead lich, and feels unworthy of Kyousuke. Hitomi comes in and ruins everything, and Sayaka runs away. Her tear hitting the soul gem, and her last words being "I'm so stupid....." just makes me want to go hug her. 
Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime L7MhaX9
Sayaka's breakdown (or the battle with the witch Urhmann)
Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime RaKOqlY

Everyone remembers Sayaka's insane rampage against Elsa Maria, but often overlook this scene, which is shown after Hitomi confesses to Kyousuke. The music they use in the movie version is beautiful, and Sayaka's scream is just a tearjerker.
Homura's Despair
Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime Dwl3who

"Why can't i beat her no matter how many times i do this?"
Having failed to defeat Walpurgisnacht once more, Homura prepares to send herself back in time. She immediately realizes that doing so will just increase Madoka's karmic destiny. Homura lies defeated in the wreckage, accepting her fate that she will never be able to save her friend. Her soul gem begins to quickly taint, and it seems like Homura herself is about to become a witch before Madoka arrives.
Moemura kills Madoka
Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime EiFxBxG
Walpurgisnacht has been defeated, but at a heavy cost to Madoka and Homura's magic. They lie in the rubble of Mitakihara, waiting to become witches. Madoka reveals she has one last Grief Seed left (which is actually Oktavia Von Seckendorff's) and uses it on Homura. She swears that no matter how many times she has to do it, she will save Madoka. 
Madoka is about to become the dreaded Kriemhild Gretchen, but requests that Homura kill her. She does, while screaming and crying.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

SockPuppet

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime   Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:08 am

I think I choose Sayaka's transformation into witch. I saw this scene on youtube before I've ever started with Madoka, this scene made me watch the whole series. I love the way her Soul Gem transforms into Grief Seed. Also, her story is sooo sad, the whole scene is flawless.
Back to top Go down
http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
Mami Tomoe
Founder

Mami Tomoe

Founder
Title : The Yellow One

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime   Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:20 am

I don't have any fancy gifs to show xD But as well as the moments mentioned up above, I was sad when Mami died (of course =P). It was just unexpected since most shows don't kill off main characters, so I was totally not expecting her to die. She was becoming my favorite too and then bam dead xD

The other one that made me have feels is Kyoko's back story. It was just so sad. She became a magical girl just to help her father and it was all for nothing but sadness and pain. I felt so bad for her. And then when she offered Sayaka a piece of food (I think an apple?) and Sayaka was all like yeah no, that was also very sad to me. It wasn't a big deal I suppose, but I feel like Kyoko thinks food is precious since her and her family didn't have any for awhile. So by offering Sayaka food, she was offering friendship in a way, and Sayaka turned her down. Ahhhh it was so sad to me ;-;
Back to top Go down
Harrikkomori
Grief Seed

Harrikkomori

Grief Seed
Title : Puella Magi

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime   Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:26 am

I think the worst for me will always be Kyoko's blaze of glory against Octavia. It's this slow boil, and this slowly building realization of what you're watching when Kyoko drops her spear and starts telling Homura to take Madoka and go. It's simultaneously crushing and uplifting to see Kyoko kneel and pray while looking a witch right in the eyes. I know Madoka is really the champion of hope, but I always thought that moment was just so powerful and shows a side of Kyoko we don't really see in the rest of the show. We know she CAN be gentle, and we know she was/is a girl of faith, but it isn't until right then we see the extent of it all. It's such a face-heel-turn from this:

Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime Tumblr_nc4bu2JVAw1tjnrqxo7_500

To this:

Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime Tumblr_mifdgp0MJc1qjlwa8o1_r1_500

Not to mention, the look on her face when she kisses her soul gem and releases it to Octavia when you realize she's knowingly and literally "throwing her life away"

Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime 6X4OWTu

She looks so scared!! ;0; This scene is just all around well-done and kills me every time ;-;
Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

sayakasfav

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:56 pm

All of my favorites have already been at least sort of mentioned, so I don't have much of anything new to add Sweatdrop

My favorite of all time is definitely Sayaka's downfall, as a whole. Especially that train scene, oh man...
Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime Tumblr_mkkpjmlAOR1rk0c2wo4_500

Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime Tumblr_ny19qxu7Yp1ulpmhpo1_500

But the Oktavia von Seckendorff fight is a close second. Oh, and Sayaka's funeral scene as well. I feel like it really adds to the concreteness of it all, giving a real "oh god, that's right, she really is dead" feeling.

And of course, by favorites I mean the ones that I found the most heartbreaking. Damn you, PMMM, and your ability to make me feel sadder than any show has before D:
Back to top Go down
Harrikkomori
Grief Seed

Harrikkomori

Grief Seed
Title : Puella Magi

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime   Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:14 pm

It feels as though our favorites heartbreak scenes have been pretty... predictable... so far.

"sayakasfav" says sayaka mikis descent, "mami tomoe" says mami's decapitation, and me with my kyoko siggy says kyoko's death scene is the most tragic

isn't that quaint  Kyoko
Back to top Go down
Kyoko Sakura
Founder

Kyoko Sakura

Founder
Title : Bringer of Snacks

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime   Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:47 am

A lot of sad moments have been mentioned that definitely pull at my own heartstrings, but I think one of the saddest moments for me is at the very end of the Anime - where Homura meets with Madoka's family and speaks with Junko. That entire conversation is just "awwwww..".

The whole thing with the ribbon gets to me, and it feels fitting at the same time - the ribbon was one of the first things we saw as a proper interaction in the series, and it gets tied in at the end to mean something very important. It feels like a nice cycle as far as storytelling goes.

Still makes me tear up though xD!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime   

Back to top Go down

Favourite Sad Moments in the Anime
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1