Share | 

[News]New Concept Movie/Project?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Title : Bringer of Snacks

PostSubject: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Source!

Quote :
The January 2016 issue of Kadokawa's Newtype magazine is publishing an interview with SHAFT representative director and president Mitsutoshi Kubota on Thursday and it reveals more details on the Puella Magi Madoka Magica concept movie shown in SHAFT's "~Commemorating 40 Years of Shaft~ Madogatari" event last month. Kubota is credited as the producer for the project. He confirms that the project will not end with just the concept movie, but will launch a brand new Puella Magi Madoka Magica project.

Kubota comments that the concept movie will act as an "extravagant" movie-based image board (preliminary images drawn by staff to capture the intended atmosphere and mood of an anime). It will be the core of the new project, and will act as a trailer for the project. The staff is working to integrate everything shown in the concept movie to be a part of the new work, including the image of Madoka performing ballet. Mami, Sayaka, Kyoko, and Homura all appear in the concept movie, and Kubota also mentions that Hitomi and Nagisa will have a role in the new work as well. Kubota also singled out Mami, stating that the new project will strengthen the image of Mami as a "God of Battle," and compared her to Guan Yu from The Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

I'm so excited to see what's to come! It'll be great to have some new PMMM stuff to watch/read/etc!!

I wonder what role Hitomi will play? I know lots of people think that she might become a green magical girl, and with her special mention in this article, I'm starting to think that maybe? We shall see I suppose.

What do you guys hope for in this new project?

For me, I just hope to see more interactions between the girls as a whole. I loved in Rebellion when we saw them all fighting together with the Holy Quintet. I want to see more of that. If not, then just more Kyoko please <33 All the Kyoko Heart Pulse

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:22 am

It took me a while to wrap my head around Rebellion. It took me a while to get a richer understanding of Homura's last move and stop hating the last like 20 minutes for ruining her character. By the time I wrote GOSE I had these and wove much of it into my work.

Rebellion got quite a bit of criticism for being a large scale fan fiction from the authors, to use and go with fanon concepts and ships. But I read such criticism with an evil grin similar to Urobuchi-sensei's. I think what some of these reviews seemed to find out: yes, they used fan concepts - and distorted and turned them inside out here and there. I think they didn't exceed the necessary and admissible amount of wickedness a writer needs.

[On a side not I'm in the middle of an identity crisis because I believe that writers need to be evil but also see their responsibility towards their characters and readers. Gosh, I do really care for these cuties (among them Homura is the apple of my eye) and even though their suffering makes good stories there must be a limit. I used to feel too soft and therefore strove to make more twisted setups in the future - but I've met a truly shocking example of what depths I ought not to reach and I'm quite lost now...]

Now we're about to face a new movie. What I usually say about it, it can be great and it can be a disaster. Or maybe both. I'm worried.

[Other side note: I'm fond of these magical girl teams too. In other fictions I've seen whole armies but the biggest team I could come up was 8 girls (and this eight is kind of six anyway, it's called Ottetto Sorprendente by Mami for a reason). But the one I'm really proud of is Hexenkommando which was founded by Kyouko, six years after Walpurgisnacht. This little suicide squad looks like this: alvaro84 dot deviantart dot com/art/RESIST-remake-and-exports-588500047 ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
Title : Bringer of Snacks

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:41 am

@alvaro84 wrote:
[On a side not I'm in the middle of an identity crisis because I believe that writers need to be evil but also see their responsibility towards their characters and readers. Gosh, I do really care for these cuties (among them Homura is the apple of my eye) and even though their suffering makes good stories there must be a limit.

I agree with this - I'd love to see a less tragic story for these girls, as they've suffered enough, and really, they deserve to have at least one time where terrible things are not the norm! But at the same time, they've written themselves into a corner, seeing as PMMM has such a reputation now for being dark and edgy, and I'm betting that the writers feel the need to outdo theirselves with every new rendition of the story. Problem is, they have to twist the characters so much to achieve that, that then you end up with Homura at the end of Rebellion.

A big part of me would just love to see these girls in a more "traditional" magical girl storyline xD Haha, though I wonder if most PMMM fans would agree, since PMMM *is* so renowned for being dark. But to learn more about them, to expand on their personalities and their relationships, instead of just focusing on tragedy, would be something I'd *love* to watch/read/etc Heart Pulse

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:31 am

It's true for me for sure. I definitely wanted to outdo myself but I never really wanted to twist the characters themselves. They are who they are and they shouldn't be completely turned inside out. They can grow and evolve and change over time but they must do it believably and, well, there are reasons I like them for so these probably won't change.

On the other hand, the end of Rebellion wasn't even that much of a twist. It made me angry with the writers first but as I thought it over and over it began to work for me. On the premise of Homura

a.) "Just" "plays" the devil while she's still the Homura I know on the inside. She had multiple reasons to "capture" Madoka, both selfish and selfless, and she must hate herself for what she has done. On the other hand, she just couldn't see any better solution to neutralize the incubator threat than taking over Madoka's place. And look, she cared to give all the other girls lives where they can even be happy. She's definitely not evil. But what she thinks about herself is, well, reflected in the Clara Doll cast. The names they have, the way they mock her and play suicide, their relationship with her.

b.) She just lost it. Another possibility, but there's more to it, I think.

[head canon]
My Homura has once been on the edge of turning into Homulilly - pretty much the Rebellion Homulilly - so she spent a lot of time with the Clara Dolls and is really scared of them. She has the knowledge of witch runes and messages too so she's convinced that she should talk to them in German not to irritate them. She can even do that because she learned some German to read those very messages. In another fake Mitakihara she was disturbed by the messages she read on the display of an empty bus stop.
[/head canon]
Back to top Go down
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Personally, I don't think Homura knows that what she's doing is wrong. She does seem to know that what she's doing might be considered wrong, as she acknowledges that she turned into something 'akin to a demon', but she seems to think she's doing what's best for Madoka. Most people point to the scene in Rebellion where Madoka says she doesn't think she'd be able to stand being omnipotent since she'd be away from her friends and family, but I believe that was the final straw rather than the sole reason. Over the course of the entire series, we see how much Madoka values her normal life and regrets becoming a magical girl timeline and timeline again. Combined with the impaired judgment of magical girls who are soon-to-be-witches (Sayaka being the prime example), Homura likely thinks she's in the right.

As for the concept movie, I'm really excited to see what they do with it :O I too would like to see the girls placed in a lighter setting, but knowing Urobuchi, I doubt it'll happen. Still, it's a nice thought... I hope Sayaka at least gets a break, since she really seems to get the short end of the stick. But I'm probably just biased because she's my favorite  Smile

Sayaka's Soul Gem  In case you haven't noticed, I really like Sayaka Miki.SayakaSayaka's Soul Gem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:34 pm

I think she's not only aware that she wronged Madoka but she's torn between keeping up the act and letting everything go on its way. She's keeping Madoka in ignorance because she thinks she's too selfless for her own good - but it means she's no better at all. As for the reason, I agree that it couldn't be a single moment at that flower field. It must have been a long process to decide what she would do and she probably wasn't even ready with the answer back there. I think she needed her talk with the Incubator too to realize how big of a threat they are. They could contain the Goddess in an isolation field and it's really something!

On the other hand she'd really like to be with Madoka. Before Rebellion she probably couldn't wait to be lead away by the Law of cycles. I always thought that she must have fallen just as quickly as Sayaka did in an earlier world.

The impaired judgment you mentioned must have been part of it too. Now I'm working with a version of her who knows the Devil in person and tries to do better. You know, it's not that easy.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:32 am

Bluray version of concept movie is on youtube. There are also some analysises and speculations on tumblr.

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:16 pm

Sayaka's Soul Gem  In case you haven't noticed, I really like Sayaka Miki.SayakaSayaka's Soul Gem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:38 pm

Oh, I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxvYZetC6tE
And apparently, this itself is the concept movie in its entirety; and it's basically a trailer for PMMM movie 4. (source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zprNSatPBE)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:57 pm

Finally some decent quality material, not just phone camera copies... You know, I didn't watch Rebellion until the BD release but with this video I felt I had to see it as soon as I could. It doesn't mean that the quality didn't hurt that time :D But now it's finally ok.
So I' reminded again that I have a chp4 of TRAOD to write before the 5th that refers this concept movie so heavily... Yet I'm knee deep in the 6th now. Sometimes I should do things in the proper order...
Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Da SwagMaster

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:14 pm

I just hope that we get more interesting concepts. The Demon Homura ending was a let down, but it was pretty neat. I wonder what they got up their sleeves.

Making Madoka and Homura fused together. Homura become a goddess in place of Madoka as the girl stay by her or vice versa. Madoka and Homura were erased out of existence, probably get rid of Kyubey too.

Or have the whole world rewrite itself to the point where they live in a world that is a Sailor Moon Parody. Kind of like this scene with the Madoka girls wake up and have to be Sailor Scouts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:48 am

It seems like some new girls are depicted in this movie. Also wraiths are present. At the same time, Kyouko is pictured fighting cockatiel-like critters that might be a witch's familiars o.O

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
zenkai97
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Da SwagMaster

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:43 pm

I just hope that this movie would give a satisfying ending. If not, have an awesome twist and interesting concept of an ending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Homura Akemi's #1 fan

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Interesting. Looks like there are witches again in Homura's world from the concept art.  Also, in the concept video, Sakaya I think it was, made a comment about dead cats appearing everywhere. I think those "cats" might be kyuubeys because we saw at the end of Rebellion how Homura had made the Kyuubey's carry the curses. Atleast I think that's what happened since a beaten up Kyubey was shown.  Whatever happens in the new movie, I hope Madoka and Homura can have a happy ending.

My speculation/hopes/theory is for the movie to go something like this:
-Homura spends the movie to trying to prevent Madoka, Sayaka, and Nagisa from remembering that Madoka was a goddess so she fights all them to stop Madoka from remembering.

-In the end, she fails and Madoka remembers being a goddess anyway and reverts to her goddess form.

-Homura reveals her devil/demon form as well and the two clash in some epic battle.

-Madoka defeats Homura (but doesn't kill her) and Homura begs for forgiveness from Madoka sobbing that she only wanted to protect Madoka and make her happy. She also begs Madoka not to leave her because she doesn't want to lose Madoka agian.

-Madoka hugs Homura, forgiving her and saying that she understands,  and promises to never leave Homura again.  She then purifies Homura so she isn't a devil/demon anymore. 

-I haven't thought past that. I don't know if everyone including Homura would go to the law of cycles or if somehow the world would reset again so that magical girls didn't exsist or what. I just know that I want Madoka and  Homura to somehow be able to be together and happy at the end for once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:03 am

Sock want a plot twist. And more witches.

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:28 am

I'd like to see how Homura's world works. It's tricky because I also wanted to see the 'engine room' of Madoka's world too, and Rebellion nicely dodged the question by showing a macro shot of one single flaw of the world - though Majuu Hen showed a lot more later (but I don't know how canon is that. It justifies Homura way too much. I like her deeds more ambiguous so I don't feel like she's a drama queen for feeling bad about them...) Cheeky Angel
Back to top Go down
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Homura Akemi's #1 fan

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:00 pm

@alvaro84

Majuhen is the Wraith Arc, manga right? Where did you find it? I'm been wanting to read it but it seems to not be one of the manga that's been licensed in English.

@SockPuppet How this plot twist? The Kyuubey's are actually good and the humans are the ones using them. Madoka and the other magical girls are all illusions created by the humans to distract the Kyuubey's from the fact that they are all being experimented on in a labratory because they are aliens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:49 am

I read the Your Silver Garden Translations version (present tense because we're still waiting for chp9). It's hopeless to get in Hungary (except I could order from the 'net like anyone on this planet). Also I'm so poor now that I couldn't buy it even it was here.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [News]New Concept Movie/Project?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:56 am

Good, good plot twist, Homuhomu. I just want to be surprised and, like, WTRz* :D

I also liked the basic idea of people (magical girls) turning into some cool-looking surreal entities (more fun than just plainly fighting surreal entities like in every generic magical girls show) and I want more that stuff. I also wish there will be some new transformation scenes. I loved transformation scenes in magical girls anime since early childhood and the ones in PMMM were great.

*What The Rzyć

Back to top Go down

[News]New Concept Movie/Project?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1