Make a contract with me! I can grant any wish you want~ :3

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewitchslabyrinth.forumotion.com
Mami Tomoe
Founder

Founder
Title : The Yellow One

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:46 am

Depends xD Do we know about our bodies being basically zombies and not having an actual soul because it was placed in the gem? Do we know you're a emotionless weird thing who wants us to die? Do we know we become witches in the end? xD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:54 pm

I voted no, but after thinking it over a little more..... how big is the wish we're allowed to make? Are we allowed to wish for world peace or something like that?

If so, I'd probably be more likely to say yes, since an opportunity like that certainly doesn't come up every day...

Sayaka's Soul Gem  In case you haven't noticed, I really like Sayaka Miki.SayakaSayaka's Soul Gem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyper Blossom
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Sayasuke fangirlSool Jim turn to Gref Sid|Witch of Broken Hearts

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:02 am

If i had been asked this question a few months ago, i would have immediately said yes, no questions asked.

Now it's different: it would still be nice for the guy i adore to love me, but right now i would actually prefer being friends with him (and actually, i'm trying to work up the courage to hang out with him). I wouldn't mind the undead lich thing, and the witchification can be avoided if i just collect enough Grief Seeds. I guess i could wish for the erasure of political extremism, but i would have to have a large amount of potential for that.

So yeah....maybe...come back later Kyubey

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:48 pm

@Hyper Blossom wrote:
...witchification can be avoided if i just collect enough Grief Seeds.

While it's technically true this solution does definitely have issues.

-> If you rely on primary witches you must have a supply of new contractees that suffer and see their wishes ruined and turn into witches 

-> You may try the kind of "familiar husbandry" Kyouko mentioned in the series. Just let stray familiars run and watch as they eat up some people and grow a grief seed on their energy. Sayaka seemed to have a problem with it and it's ultimately very similar to the first solution.

-> You could try to infinitely re-use the same grief seeds you deny from QB. Overfilling a grief seed with darkness makes the witch re-hatch. It was never shown in the series or movie but I don't think it works just like this. In my story GOSE Kyouko resorts to this choice in serious need of a grief seed (for someone else) and the second incarnation of the same witch is vastly stronger than its first weak one. (Without risks and limitations it would be plain troll science.) In P.K. Atomyst's TS1 there's another example of a re-used grief seed. There you can't see the difference between the original and the recycled witch but the labyrinth starts to contain elements from the re-user's thoughts and the witch probably gets more prepared against that specific magical girl. Maybe it gets stronger too, I don't know. If you do it for a few cycles you'll possibly have to fight your own witch or at least a hybrid - a highly distracting situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
Hyper Blossom
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:10 am

@alvaro84 wrote:
@Hyper Blossom wrote:
...witchification can be avoided if i just collect enough Grief Seeds.

While it's technically true this solution does definitely have issues.

-> If you rely on primary witches you must have a supply of new contractees that suffer and see their wishes ruined and turn into witches 

-> You may try the kind of "familiar husbandry" Kyouko mentioned in the series. Just let stray familiars run and watch as they eat up some people and grow a grief seed on their energy. Sayaka seemed to have a problem with it and it's ultimately very similar to the first solution.

-> You could try to infinitely re-use the same grief seeds you deny from QB. Overfilling a grief seed with darkness makes the witch re-hatch. It was never shown in the series or movie but I don't think it works just like this. In my story GOSE Kyouko resorts to this choice in serious need of a grief seed (for someone else) and the second incarnation of the same witch is vastly stronger than its first weak one. (Without risks and limitations it would be plain troll science.) In P.K. Atomyst's TS1 there's another example of a re-used grief seed. There you can't see the difference between the original and the recycled witch but the labyrinth starts to contain elements from the re-user's thoughts and the witch probably gets more prepared against that specific magical girl. Maybe it gets stronger too, I don't know. If you do it for a few cycles you'll possibly have to fight your own witch or at least a hybrid - a highly distracting situation.
Not sure whether or not i would want to farm the witches. Kyoko did say the witches only latched onto people who were pretty deep down the rabbit hope of despair (and Hitomi for some reason). 

Me sounding like a Nihilist:

On the subject of wishes, i do wonder if there ever has been a magical girl who has tried to wish for an endless supply of Grief Seeds. It would triple the appearance of witches, but i don't think Kyubey would have minded it, since he would be gaining more energy to combat entropy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:07 am

QB would be happy to grant that wish and see a surge of new contracts! Then the realization what that wish caused and despair over that deed. But you'd need to be a troll w/o a serious real wish to ask for it. So QB probably wouldn't even approach you because lacking a desperate wish you'd probably have a very low potential as a young witch.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:57 am

Well, I think wishing for greater good (wish such as world peace or stuff like that) is worthy even falling into despair and becoming a witch but I'm afraid it doesn't work like this. I mean, I think wish, once granted, always turns against the contractor who made it. The result is always opposite to the intention (Mami eventually died, Homura couldn't save Madoka, Kyoko lost her family, Sayaka's love was one-sided, even Madoka's wish was in the end altered by Homura's actions). I suppose that even if I wish for world peace etc. it would eventually only worsen the world's situation. And I don't think that girl with average amount of magical potential could wish for such as big as world peace and have it really granted, if it was so easy, someone would have already made such wish. Also, I barely trust anything that is called 'magical'. So I think I wouldn't make a contract.

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:27 am

And Majuu Hen suggests that Madoka's world wasn't even that nice to begin with. She had the best intent but things just don't want to turn for the best... Now I'm not sure if I should take MH too seriously but it surely makes good food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Harrikkomori
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Puella Magi

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:50 pm

@SockPuppet wrote:
I think wish, once granted, always turns against the contractor who made it. The result is always opposite to the intention (Mami eventually died, Homura couldn't save Madoka, Kyoko lost her family, Sayaka's love was one-sided, even Madoka's wish was in the end altered by Homura's actions).

I see people say this about the wishes a lot, but don't think this is true. I mean, we have no reason to assume kyubey/the magic behind the wish somehow changes things to be the opposite of what you want. And Kyubey seems very sure of his "equal exchange" business plan, where the girls get a free wish for whatever they want, but they become enlisted in a magic war. The show does make a pretty big point about how what ultimately caused the girl's suffering is being unaware of their own motives. Like, of course Mami would die, she wished to survive a crash, not for immortality. Homura didn't wish to "save Madoka", she wished to redo her meeting with Madoka. I think you could wish for "world peace", but the only problem (as far as I can tell) would be that there's apparently some limit to a contract's magic based on the contractee's natural abilities... So that wish may be too big for an average person...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sayakasfav
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Seyiku is beauty

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:36 pm

@Harrikkomori wrote:
@SockPuppet wrote:
I think wish, once granted, always turns against the contractor who made it. The result is always opposite to the intention (Mami eventually died, Homura couldn't save Madoka, Kyoko lost her family, Sayaka's love was one-sided, even Madoka's wish was in the end altered by Homura's actions).

I see people say this about the wishes a lot, but don't think this is true. I mean, we have no reason to assume kyubey/the magic behind the wish somehow changes things to be the opposite of what you want. And Kyubey seems very sure of his "equal exchange" business plan, where the girls get a free wish for whatever they want, but they become enlisted in a magic war. The show does make a pretty big point about how what ultimately caused the girl's suffering is being unaware of their own motives. Like, of course Mami would die, she wished to survive a crash, not for immortality. Homura didn't wish to "save Madoka", she wished to redo her meeting with Madoka. I think you could wish for "world peace", but the only problem (as far as I can tell) would be that there's apparently some limit to a contract's magic based on the contractee's natural abilities... So that wish may be too big for an average person...
^^^
I think as long as you take the time to properly assess *exactly* what it is you want, make sure to word the wish correctly so it can't be twisted against your intention, and have enough magical-girl-potential to fulfill it, you shouldn't have a problem. The issues with the main characters were that they weren't aware of their own motives (like Harrikkomori said), and that they didn't understand the system.

The reason for the eventual failure of Madoka's wish, despite doing those things, was because of Homura's actions. But even then, there are many people who argue that Madoka was split in two, with her "goddess" half still being able to prevent magical girls from turning into witches, while her "human" half remained in Homura's world.

Sayaka's Soul Gem  In case you haven't noticed, I really like Sayaka Miki.SayakaSayaka's Soul Gem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyubey
Incubator

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:27 am

Aww, but don't you guys want to make a wish and become a magical girl? You'll have the power to protect the things and people that you love. Isn't that what everyone wants in life? I can give that to you, just make a contract with me!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewitchslabyrinth.forumotion.com
Hyper Blossom
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:39 am

Alright you got me.....yes....i would make a contract.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:01 am

I wonder what would happen to my soul after I eventually die, either as magical girl or witch...I want to go to Heaven, after all!

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
Hyper Blossom
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:48 am

@SockPuppet wrote:
I wonder what would happen to my soul after I eventually die, either as magical girl or witch...I want to go to Heaven, after all!
I believe that once a Soul Gem is broken,the soul ceases to exist so the magical girl doesn't exist in any form anymore.

Last edited by Hyper Blossom on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:55 am

?? As for me, it's simply impossible for soul to disappear. In any given universe.

Back to top Go down
Harrikkomori
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Puella Magi

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:12 am

@Hyper Blossom wrote:
@SockPuppet wrote:
I believe that once a Soul Gem is broken,the soul ceases to exist so the magical girl doesn't exist in any form anymore.
I don't know if it's the most scientific analysis of the canon, but do you remember the scene where Kyoko kills Octavia in the explosion, and it cuts to a scene of Sayaka's blue silhouette against a plain black backdrop? I always thought this shot was supposed ot be Sayaka's soul, in an endless blackness, trapped in a purgatorial existence. I think Magical Girl afterlife is to sorrowfully exist in nothingness, left to wander the void forevermore. After all, it shows Kyoko's silhouette joining her after they're both confirmed dead. It may be their fate to forever roam in darkness.

At least they are Alone Together.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:33 pm

@SockPuppet wrote:
?? As for me, it's simply impossible for soul to disappear. In any given universe.

I mostly agree. I don't think the soul gem is the soul itself which is destroyed when the gem is broken. I see it more like a device that mediates between the body (puppet, external hardware) and the soul. It should be possible to guide the soul back to the body if you give a strong enough beacon to guide it. If you distribute this new substitute inside the girl's body and break the gem you'll get a not-so-magical girl that doesn't have to constantly remote control her body so the perpetual loss of her magical energy is not inevitable anymore.

As for the 'mostly' part: there are things I fear, even on this level. A black hole may be able to trap souls. I don't know why I think this way but black holes are really scary!
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:31 am

Soul is not made of matter, is not substantial, so it cannot be sucked in by black hole, I suppose. It's probably linked to some deeper dimension, I've heard a theory that counsciousness is born from quantum effects and soul is connected to consciousness.

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:37 am

Light isn't matter either. Where space and time is folded into a knot I can imagine anything.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:56 am

If I recall correctly, light is matter in some way...It's made of photons, photons are particles. Either way, some physicians think that world is not made of matter but of information and matter is only illusion. I went too far.

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:09 am

@SockPuppet wrote:
If I recall correctly, light is matter in some way...It's made of photons, photons are particles.

If they want to be. Photons are mischievous little... somethings :D
Sometimes they can split in two and interfere with themselves as electromagnetic waves. Sometimes they detect if they're observed and change their behavior accordingly. Sometimes they detect if a future decision about their observation decides that they will have been observed (I mean they're always measured but some of the results will be thrown away at a later point of time) and they behave accordingly :D

And even these mythical particle-waves can be trapped in there.
As for souls, I really don't know. I just had this idea when I wrote MGC.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:45 am

But soul isn't a wave as well. If soul could be affected by something like black hole, it would affect and be affected by other phenomena as well and it would become...visible or perceivable to scientist.

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:48 am

Who knows, one day we may will be able to.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: [Poll]Would you make a contract?    Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:50 am

I will be waiting.

Back to top Go down

[Poll]Would you make a contract?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next