I'm new homu homu

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Homura Akemi's #1 fan

PostSubject: I'm new homu homu    Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Hello. I'm new here. As you can probably tell by my username and my introduction title joke and description, Homura-chan is my favorite character. XD
Homura Homura's Soul Gem

Well, anyway, jokes aside, I'm a little late to the party, but I just saw the Madoka Magica anime this year. I devoured the series and the 3 films down in two days and am now reading some of the spin-off manga. I finished everything that's been translated in English so far of Homura Tamura and so far I've read volume 1 of Homura's Revenge. I've seen the concept movie too, but can't seem to find any more news about its release. I've also watched videos of the  Madoka video games subtitled in English that people have put up on Youtube. My favorite pairings are Madoka  Madoka x Homura Homura, Kyoko Kyoko x Sayaka Sayaka, and Mami Mami x Nagisa (but head-canoning Nagisa as older) and I enjoy reading doujins about them.

Also, I have all the main Madoka Magica characters in Sims 3 except Kyubey and Hitomi cause I don't like them. 

Well, that's basically about it, except I'm glad to have found this forum and I hope to make it more active around here.  Happy Hop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: I'm new homu homu    Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi and welcome here!

As you may see, we share a common ...interest? As for pairings I have a world to lead and I have a MadoHomu couple in there, I'm a big fan of them being together. As for the other ships they unfortunately couldn't happen in the stories so far for unfortunate reasons.

How much Homura Tamura have you read and where could I found them in English? I only remember one chapter where she met Queen Mami who stole her parallel's energy but Homura defeated her (cheating of course) in a tea drinking contest or what the hell happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Re: I'm new homu homu    Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:01 am

Hey, nice to meet you~As for ships, yours are probably the most classical and popular ones in fandom (Sock hates yuri but Sock's trying not to show this to others)~

Anyway, do you prefer Homura from before the Rebellion Story of after Rebellion Story? This is a very important point~

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: I'm new homu homu    Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:54 pm

@alvaro84 Thanks for the welcome. Yeah,  Sayaka x Kyouko and Nagisa x Mami are interesting ships, but I know they aren't really canon. Sayaka's in love with that violin dude (who her b*tch of a "friend" stole. I hate Hitomi. :c)  and Mami and Nagisa seem to have more of a big sister, little sister dynamic in canon. It's still fun to ship those ships anyway though. XD  I consider Madoka x Homura practically canon though and it warms my heart to see them together.

I read two volumes of Homura Tamura.  The first two volumes have been licensed in English. I bought them from Barnes and Noble. There's also a third volume, but it only just got released a few months ago in Japan, so isn't in English yet.

@SockPuppet Thanks for the welcome. ^^  Well, I like all Homura's. Moemura's probably my least favorite though since she hadn't developed her cool, aloof personality yet.  Pre-Rebellion Homura was probably my favorite, but I like Rebellion Homura too. At first, I was upset with Homura's actions in Rebellion, but then I went back and watched it again.  After that, I understood her motives more and realized it did fit with her character.  Her whole goal  was to protect Madoka from tragedy. Once she realized that Madoka having ceased to physically exsist and being unable to be with her brother and parents, was a tragic outcome, I believe that's when Homura realized she made a mistake by not rewinding time to stop that outcome. Instead of stopping time again, she simply pulls Madoka back to Earth so Madoka can have a normal life with her family. Everything she did was all to protect Madoka. She sacrificed her own happiness in the Law of Cycles by becoming a demon so she could change Madoka's fate, even if it meant that Homura herself had to suffer despair and become enemies with/be hated by all the other magical girls.

Plus, Akuma Homura's new outfit is pretty badass and sexy. Lol. XD  And there's all kinds of interesting situations that can arise when shipping a demon and a goddess that makes it even more interesting than the normal Homura x Madoka ship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: I'm new homu homu    Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:28 am

HomuHomu wrote:
Plus, Akuma Homura's new outfit is pretty badass and sexy. Lol. XD  And there's all kinds of interesting situations that can arise when shipping a demon and a goddess that makes it even more interesting than the normal Homura x Madoka ship.

That's kinda funny, I mean her devil's dress. It supposed to be badass and sexy, yes. Then I can't help thinking how it could look on her (being more 'realistic'). I even sent Junko to Madoka with a pair of socks to ask her to give them to Homura to stuff that dress at the chest Cheeky Angel

It perfectly symbolizes her entire 'devil' act. She thinks she's bad and evil... Yeah, sure Big Smile

Okay, it's not even funny. Poor girl needs love, from Madoka at that. Because Madoka is her Konrad Lorenz, poor little gosling.

Last edited by alvaro84 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Queenie
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: I'm new homu homu    Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Hello HomuHomu its nice to meet you ^_^ Hope you enjoy your stay here~ ^^ and I have to agree that Devil Homura's outfit is amazing and I ship Devil Homura and Madoka-Kami as well.

Madoka's Soul Gem        Madoka       Madoka's Soul Gem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mami Tomoe
Founder

Founder
Title : The Yellow One

PostSubject: Re: I'm new homu homu    Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:20 am

Hello HomuHomu!! It's nice to meet you and I'm so glad you've come to join us! Sounds like you've developed quite the Madoka Magica obsession in such a short time haha xD I was the same way when my sister first introduced me to it! Homura is amazing and probably my third favorite character of the show, second being Kyoko and of course first being Mami (duh=P)

I hope to see you around the boards a lot and if you have an questions or problems, or just want to chit chat!, my PM box is always open <3

<3
Mami

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: I'm new homu homu    Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:12 am

Mami Tomoe wrote:
...you've developed quite the Madoka Magica obsession in such a short time haha xD

For me it took ~8 episodes. First it seemed it'll be okay with some unique trippy visuals so I kept watching. I raised a brow at the infamous 3rd episode hoping that something's really behind the cover this time. Sayaka's fall was that persuaded me that it's a very serious story and is worth becoming a fan. Homura's struggle hit me personally and Rebellion too. I really love that movie too, despite its often mentioned flaws.
Back to top Go down
HomuHomu
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: I'm new homu homu    Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:14 am

@Queenie
Thanks for the welcome. ^^

@Mami Tomoe

Thanks for the welcome. ^^  Well, the first few episodes of the anime were kind of slow, but by episode 7 or so I think, I was hooked and it became one of my favorite anime. :) Mami is interesting for what we get to see of her. It's just ashame that she doesn't live longer in the anime.  You should like the new movie or series (not sure yet which one its going to be just based on the concept movie) though because supposedly there's rumors that its going to have a story based around Mami. Well, Mami was in Rebellion alot too. I think that's really where you get to know her personality. Good they introduce Nagisa in Rebellion too cause it was kind of sad that Mami
was the only one that had to be all alone since Homura had Madoka and Kyoko had Sayaka. My favorite characters would probably go like this: Homura, Madoka, Kyoko, Sayaka, Nagisa, Mami. Not even including Kyubey in there since I don't like him at all.  And I didn't really pay too much attention to the side characters.

@alvaro84: Yeah, for me I think it was the Homura time travel episode which was either episode 8 or 9. Although, I was kind of getting interested in what ever episode it was where they revealed that Magical Girls became witches cause I thought that was an interesting plot twist that I didn't see coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: I'm new homu homu    Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:31 am

Homura's backstory is in ep10. But a lot of things happen around the end of ep8: Homura cries to Madoka which hints that she has some big secret, Madoka runs to save Sayaka anyway, QB eats his own corpse, and finally Sayaka's gem cracks - a well executed series of impressive and emotional scenes.
Back to top Go down

I'm new homu homu
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Witch's Labyrinth :: Mitakihara Bulletin Board :: Introductions-