Share | 

Other characters' appreciation/h8 thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Other characters' appreciation/h8 thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:53 am

There are not really many characters in Madoka Magica but there are some people/witches we could discuss beside main characters~Also, there are spin-offs featuring many more characters.

OK, my main point here now is me talking about hate toward Hitomi. That is, today I've seen some posts on tumblr, saying that Hitomi is a despicable homophobe...Just because she said that 'girls cannot love girls'. I know that you are probably going to accuse me of starting political/religious issues again, but I would only like to express my opinion on this statement, regardless of said issues and my opinion is, like, totally 'What the actual rzyć*' What I want to say is, well, it's exaggerating, I suppose? And it seems that many people hate Hitomi for the sole reason of her saying that 'girls cannot love girls'. And I hope me saying it's exaggerating isn't a political/religious statement in your eyes <and you are not going to ban me>

*rzyć is my favorite bad word in Polish XD And I will replace any English bad word with it from now on~There are much worse words in Polish, though

Also, it's not like I want this topic to be Hitomi-centered...

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
McKnight
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Wind Pier

PostSubject: Re: Other characters' appreciation/h8 thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:46 am

I wish that more people would write about everyone besides the main five.  I realized only recently that that is probably the real reason why nothing I checked out on FanFiction managed to hold my interest (except for Stars Above, which I checked out a few years ago).  I even made a list of everyone in the franchise and issues to address about them.

Also hope one day to see everyone as they would have looked in the anime, followed by what they would all look like as Cibi (as per my signature image). My userpic is such an image of Pia Undo, and I've got the same person who drew it working on a Cibus version of her.

They paid a heavy price...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Other characters' appreciation/h8 thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:12 pm

@SockPuppet wrote:
What I want to say is, well, it's exaggerating, I suppose? And it seems that many people hate Hitomi for the sole reason of her saying that 'girls cannot love girls'. And I hope me saying it's exaggerating isn't a political/religious statement in your eyes <and you are not going to ban me>

I don't want to live on a planet where such a mild expression of your opinion is sanctioned. If free speech still exist it should fall under this category. If not, it's time for sulfurous rain should burn down the world. Just my 2 cents.

And I love "rzyć" - I have no idea what it means though. But no problem. Rzyć! Rzyć! Rzyć! Happy Hop

On the main thing: I mostly write about the main cast, though there are others from spinoffs and "lately" I discovered that another franchise's iconic female adventurer must be a magical girl too - otherwise she couldn't do the things she does when we play and kill her a hundred times a day Cheeky Angel

And my very own character (Nyameka Gretel Mathibe) didn't get too much screen time either though I have a more detailed background for her. She's even Namibian so I probably balance things a bit on the color field Smile

I must say though that my stories do not revolve around politics at all. I do have one homophobic character, though. She's Yuma's mother and even her own daughter hates her Smile Really. My girls are independent enough to judge their parents if they really deserve. Madoka has a great family so she doesn't need to. Homura has bad parents who pretty much abandoned her and she behaves accordingly. Kyouko sees the flaws of her late father but she doesn't hate him, even though he killed her once. Mami would like to have parents and envies those who have. Worse. She badly wants any relationship, like in the series. Oriko takes her plans very seriously and never gets too close to anyone and never discloses her feelings to the others so even I don't know what she thinks... Nyameka has a similar background and she's more open so if she got more screen time, maybe... I'll think about it. So bad that only Madoka has a warm and loving family! (Now that I think... even Lara had to spend most of her childhood alone thanks to her archaeology geek parents...)

The hell I'm ranting about here Fantastic Sign
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Other characters' appreciation/h8 thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:33 pm

'Rzyć'...I don't even know the way to explain the pronounciation cause it contains 2 sounds that don't exist in English XD It means 'butt' and it's in archaic Polish. It's frequently used in The Witcher books for example.

And when someone says 'homophobe' I always wonder what they mean o.O Some people tend to define the word in very unique ways.

Also, I'm probably a lawful evil for making all my characters straight, Polish and catholic and giving them completely irrelevant parentsXD

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
McKnight
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Other characters' appreciation/h8 thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Homophobe? It's someone who hates homosexuals.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
McKnight
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Other characters' appreciation/h8 thread   Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:10 am

Well, here is a list of my favorite characters that I'd like to see as Cibi:

Oriko Magica:

-Oriko
-Kirika
-Yuma

Suzune Magica:

-Suzune
-Tsubaki
-Haruka
-Kagari

Tart Magica:

-Jeanne
-Pernelle

The Hollow Little Mermaid:

-Elise
-Claire
-Hiyori
-Komachi

Others:

-Pia (Divine Gate)
-Iroha (Magia Record)
-The two sisters from The Different Story

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Other characters' appreciation/h8 thread   Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:48 am

That's pretty much...

From the other news, I think Madoka's family is adorable but I also kind of like the idea of other girls' parents being either dead or not shown in the show.

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Other characters' appreciation/h8 thread   Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:58 am

@SockPuppet wrote:
From the other news, I think Madoka's family is adorable but I also kind of like the idea of other girls' parents being either dead or not shown in the show.

I think that makes them better targets for QB. This may be why the ranks of magical girls are full of children with problematic background.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Other characters' appreciation/h8 thread   Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:57 pm

And Kyuubey him(?)self is also cute though being emotionless psychopath from outer space~

Back to top Go down

Other characters' appreciation/h8 thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1