Share | 

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Akemi_Azula
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Hello   Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:20 pm

I go by the name Azula Akemi on the web, I saw an ad for this forum at Tumblr and so decided to create an account.

As you have probably guessed I identify most with Homura.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Holy Knight Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:25 am

Hello! We are so happy to have another member~

Do you like any other anime by any chance?

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://skarpetkowa.tumblr.com/
Akemi_Azula
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:38 pm

Thank you for your kind welcome.

I like several anime shows. The most recent ones I have enjoyed are Kill la Kill, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Flip Flappers.

Before PMMM I hadn't seen much anime, and my favourite animated show was Avatar/Legend of Korra.

Edit: I forgot to say that I have just begun watching Raising Project which looks promising.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:08 am

I've watched only 2 episodes of MGRP and I know about people who enjoyed it very much but personally I don't like survivals and from my friend I heard MGRP wasn't as crazy as Madoka XD 

What do you like the most in Madoka Magica?

I hope all of you watching sailor moon are enjoying the parasites revo injected into your body while the opening was playing
Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar
Title : Homura-chan's selfishness

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:59 am

@SockPuppet wrote:
I've watched only 2 episodes of MGRP

This is exactly what I could endure. True that I was biased because I had already heard that it makes no damn sense so I was easier to make me quit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alvaro84.deviantart.com/
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:10 am

Out of other 'dark' and 'edgy' magical girls shows I've kinda  enjoyed Yuuki Yuna though it dissapointed me not being dark or psychodelic like Madoka at all. Out of 'Madoka-like' shows I reccomend Wixoss even if it's not magical girls genre. But I still hope for show that inherites Madoka's madness and artistic taste without being a rip-off

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:36 am

Yuuki Yuna was an unfortunate one - either its timing was bad not much after Madoka or it really was a failed ripoff.

MGRP is a bit different: thanks to my bias I quit at the first signs of incoherence. That @sspull survival game without any reason but the mistake or malevolence of the mascot and the sudden unexplained death of a player at the termination of her user account was enough to put me off. Even though I was very curious about the magical girl who was a boy. That was a promising twist given that they didn't make it a boring generic ecchi comic relief. AFAIK they didn't which is a good point of the show.

------------>

Anyway, before I forget: Welcome fellow Homura fan! She's my all-time favorite fictional character too so she lives on in my writings... I don't know how far they diverge from the future canon but I don't even care anymore. I have already established my own firm but expanding reality Big Smile The next canon piece can seep in or stay completely out - like Rebellion found its way in, even some fan works did, but Majuu Hen is mostly left out.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:20 am

And I don't give a  (◡‿◡✿) about the canon in my universe (I'm going to draw a fan-comic as soon as I make a master's degree~But I'm addicted to creating OC-s~Oh also it will be a multi-fandom comic XD) We are so happy to have a new member, we love new members~

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:54 am

@SockPuppet wrote:
(◡‿◡✿) 

Rzyć? Cheeky Angel

On the other hand, I join and extend canons but I try to stick to their rules (or at least the rules I set for my own story) because without them any story falls apart. And "It's not as much fun to pick up the pieces" Bad Idea Sign
Back to top Go down
Akemi_Azula
Grief Seed

Grief Seed

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:46 pm

I like a lot of things about pmmm. MGRP is only the second show in the mahou shoujo genre I have seen so I can't compare madoka to other similar shows.

I like the characters and the aesthetic both of Mitakihara and the labyrinths. 

As for Rebellion I think it is a good tragedy but it is good to know that the creators consider it a separate canon as it is obviously very sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McKnight
Grief Seed

Grief Seed
Title : Wind Pier

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:15 am

A friend of mine would agree about Rebellion, but for different reasons.

Namely, because the Incubators should never have been able to contain Homura from the Law of Cycles (or else they would have tried it eons ago), and that what Homura did to Madoka at the end was abusive and out of character.

Not sure where it was mentioned that Magica Quartet considers it a different canon, though.

They paid a heavy price...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:21 am

The Rebellion ending was kind of shocking but I kinda incorporated it into my headcanon smoothly and I cannot understand the big 'Homura did [nothing] wrong' discourse. Homura is still one of my favourite characters (even if my headcanon of her is, well, different than usual, but it will come out when I draw my fan-comic)~

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:36 am

@SockPuppet wrote:
The Rebellion ending was kind of shocking but I kinda incorporated it into my headcanon smoothly and I cannot understand the big 'Homura did [nothing] wrong' discourse. Homura is still one of my favourite characters (even if my headcanon of her is, well, different than usual, but it will come out when I draw my fan-comic)~

To me it was a bit harder to digest but in the end every piece fell in place. Homura did and didn't at once and she hates herself for it but would probably do it again. I think that we can take it as a fact that she couldn't see any better way to protect Madoka from the very real Incubator threat. Also she wanted to be with her (she couldn't get rid of the imprint Madoka had left in her in the beginning and she didn't even want to), was trying to fulfill Madoka's dying wish to save her from QB's contract, and felt unfair that Madoka (the sweetest, nicest person in existence or non-existence) had to disappear. Probably even more. Emotionally she's deeply dependent on Madoka.

I think Rebellion is completely core canon. I don't know what is the spinoffs' status, though. Homura's revenge and Oriko Magica, for example, seems to contradict in when Homura can go back in time.

On the other hand, McKnight's issue is completely valid. Why did the Incubators wait millennia to do this experiment? I think they had done the math and expected the birth of witches. The gems' disappearance must have been bugging them for the entire human history. Did they really need Homura's theory about a Goddess to try to contain a law of nature?
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:37 am

Maybe Incubators aren't as smart as we thinkXDThe fact they far more developed technology than humans doesn't mean they are really clever~Also, it's not like Madokami/Goddess Madoka's broken laws of the Universe and thus Incubators could detect her existence from perceiving how the actual occurences differ from mathematical predictions...Madoka recreated the Universe and most possibly altered all laws of nature so that soul gems' disapperance was a norm, not a deviation from the norm and in Madoka's recreated Universe math wouldn't predict birth of witches...Madoka's made a coherent Universe, the only 'weak point' was Homura who knew about Madoka's existence.

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:31 am

@SockPuppet wrote:
Maybe Incubators aren't as smart as we thinkXD

This is where we absolutely agree. They seem to have strange blind spots and lousy understanding of humans, the very 'material' they has been working for so long. Also they seem to follow tracks even though they see they won't do any good to them. The best example is letting Madoka make the wish that changed everything. QB knew that it would make a paradox and thus it was completely unpredictable and probably unfavorable for them yet he stuck to his words and 'granted' it. (Apostrophes because I don't think they grant anything. My theory is that they let loose the girls' hidden potential to get what they wish for. They don't need malevolent genies, they can screw it up themselves.)

A strange addition (GOSE/chp17) to their foolish genius is the explanation why they can't have any direct tools against the threats like Homura: they have advanced time control technology but they don't use it thanks to the self-enforcing "Linearity Convention" and willingly blind themselves to the warnings they could receive from their future selves because they theorize it did more bad than good in the past. They may even be right.

Quote :
Also, it's not like Madokami/Goddess Madoka's broken laws of the Universe and thus Incubators could detect her existence from perceiving how the actual occurences differ from mathematical predictions...Madoka recreated the Universe and most possibly altered all laws of nature so that soul gems' disapperance was a norm, not a deviation from the norm and in Madoka's recreated Universe math wouldn't predict birth of witches...Madoka's made a coherent Universe, the only 'weak point' was Homura who knew about Madoka's existence.

It's a similar thing. I don't think that Madoka re-created any laws of nature. She disrupted the world by making an impossible wish and the world re-shaped itself to correct the paradox. The resulting world (see Majuu Hen) doesn't seem like the work of a benevolent consciousness. For what we know Homura's world can be way better, except that it suppresses a few individual's memories. The difference is the presence of the 'Goddess'. Madoka had a half-existence, something I can't fully grasp. The only effect she had on the world was her Law that hijacked black gems.

And no one is responsible for her world being so flawed. It's like a perversion of nature, a series of accidents. PMMM's greatest feat in my eyes is an indifferent world ruled by causality, even if we don't see or understand. There are strange things, butterfly effect kicks in here and there, but no god loves or hates or looks upon their children. They choose and don't get what they deserve but what quantum mechanics throw at them as an effect. Kurt Vonnegut even made up a religion based on such a world in Sirens of Titan. This is the Church of the Apathetic God. “I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.”, says one of his characters, Unk, who clearly influenced my version of the Alternate Sayaka in Girs of Science Era (guess who Unk's red haired best pal is). He had been a despicable man and went through some crazy mess rivaling the PMMM girls' ordeals and sank so deep he didn't even have a chance to grasp the reason if it was a punishment for his sins - but it wasn't. And his redemption is a punch in the gut for the reader at the same time. It's a great book, really.

And this indifferent world order seems to be violated by the arrival of a sentient Satan instead of a Goddess living a half-life, slave to her own wish that erased her from humankind. I think the world will strike back in a way we don't expect. It may be in the next movie. Maybe not. Oh, and I don't know how strong her grip on QB's race is.
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Well, after considering Majuu-hen it actually makes a lot of sense...But still I think that if the Universe is recreated with even a single factor being changed, it must adjust itself to maintain self-coherence, otherwise it cannot exist. Thus, disapperance of gems and absence of witches is being seen as somehow natural phenomenon. We, a human race must deal with many phenomena that are not as scientificaly understandable as scientist would like them to be. And no scientist have tried to 'capture the God' whose only evidence of existence is the fact that we cannot understand these phenomena (yet?). 

<If I recall correctly, God interpreted this way is called 'God of holes' and no religion leans on such evidencesXD>

And I want to see Homura's world in action as well~

Back to top Go down
alvaro84
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:14 am

@SockPuppet wrote:
Thus, disapperance of gems and absence of witches is being seen as somehow natural phenomenon. We, a human race must deal with many phenomena that are not as scientificaly understandable as scientist would like them to be. And no scientist have tried to 'capture the God' whose only evidence of existence is the fact that we cannot understand these phenomena (yet?).

I think our quantum mechanical experiments fall in this category though we don't call them seeking for God. But we are still trying to understand the ultimate rules of the world hoping we can use the gained information to achieve ways of doing things would call cheating today.

Wouldn't we want to understand the photon that can 'interfere' with itself like it was passing through two openings on a plane at once? Wouldn't we want to understand quantum tunneling that lets particles appear where they shouldn't be and reach states they shouldn't reach? Don't we look for the unification of the four basic forces to make a Grand Unified Theory? Don't we want to build larger and larger particle accelerators to break down matter to its tinies building blocks we can finally call ultimate and finally understand the hell is happening behind the scenes of our world? Isn't it like looking for God without admitting?
Back to top Go down
SockPuppet
Familiar

Familiar

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am

What I am going to say is, we do want to understand rules of the Universe still scientist who are in charge of understanding them are not supposed to seek a higher inteligence ruling unexplained phenomena. You know, some scientist think that the very way Universe is created is evidence for a sentient entity that created it and some scientist think otherwise but even if one believe in such entity there is no way to perceive it in scientifical terms. Only the one who claims to have experienced a direct contact with God can provide any information about Him if we believe then. Scientist has no way of knowing God, saint has such way. The same is here when Incubators may have expected that some phenomena are scientifically unexplainable yet they had no way of grasp the existence of the Goddess till Homura, who remembered personal contact with Madoka told them about Madokami's nature.

Back to top Go down

Hello
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Witch's Labyrinth :: Mitakihara Bulletin Board :: Introductions-